Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLIs on multiple Amex cards

tag
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

CLIs on multiple Amex cards

I have two Amex cards and I was trying to figure out how the CLIs work when you have more than one card. I believe I seen somewhere that said that CLIs had to be six months apart. So if I wanted to get a CLI on my cards I can only get one a year per card? Or is it possible to get a CLI on both cards around the same time if they are both due? Also if both cards limits combined are over 25K will they ask for financial records or is it 25K per card?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: CLIs on multiple Amex cards

@tbea1004 wrote:

I have two Amex cards and I was trying to figure out how the CLIs work when you have more than one card. I believe I seen somewhere that said that CLIs had to be six months apart. So if I wanted to get a CLI on my cards I can only get one a year per card? Or is it possible to get a CLI on both cards around the same time if they are both due? Also if both cards limits combined are over 25K will they ask for financial records or is it 25K per card?

Yes. That's correct. If you have 2 cards. A cli every 6 months across all accounts. So if you had 4 cards. I cli every 2 years. Smiley Sad. Since 1 per card every 6 months 

Message 2 of 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: CLIs on multiple Amex cards

Don't overlook the 3x CLI Guide as it addresses all this and more.  Should be linked in a sticky -- probably in Credit Cards.  If not, it should be the first hit if you Google "3x CLI".

@tbea1004 wrote:

Also if both cards limits combined are over 25K will they ask for financial records or is it 25K per card?

No guarantees with those numbers. $25K/34.5K are just guidelines.  There are those who have crossed those numbers without income verification.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.