Regular Contributor
Scene

CLIs on "student" credit cards

I have the Chase student credit card with a measely $350 dollar limit and an AMEX Zync. I have had the student card since June '10 and the Zync since November '10. I am thinking of increasing the limit on the student credit card in June '11.

I have paid off each statement as they come in (sometimes I make payments earlier to lower the UTIL) and have NO lates, on both cards.

Soo how flexible are student products and CLIs ?

Super Contributor
DI

Re: CLIs on "student" credit cards

Scene wrote:

I have the Chase student credit card with a measely $350 dollar limit and an AMEX Zync. I have had the student card since June '10 and the Zync since November '10. I am thinking of increasing the limit on the student credit card in June '11.

I have paid off each statement as they come in (sometimes I make payments earlier to lower the UTIL) and have NO lates, on both cards.

Soo how flexible are student products and CLIs ?

$350 CL is a good limit for a student.  It may be best to stay at that limit until after you graduate and land a full-time job. 

Established Contributor
gbishere

BoA student card max limit is 2500. Though when you graduate you can do a product change and get a higher limit. 

Valued Contributor
smc733

gbishere wrote:

BoA student card max limit is 2500. Though when you graduate you can do a product change and get a higher limit. 

Or do what I did, PC and go to $3,500... :smileywink:

Regular Contributor
Scene

[ Edited ]

I am sooo stealing your signature, DI

(lol, jk)

Sooo I suppose CLI on student products are null and void and in the future I should just consider a PC.

If I PC, do I keep the same history or does it close the account and start fresh?

Valued Contributor
smc733

PC to Freedom, if you can, and PC keeps same account and history (just some times the account number changes).

I would also recommend Citi Forward.  Generous CLIs, generous CLs, and great rewards for college students.

Super Contributor
DI

Scene wrote:

I am sooo stealing your signature, DI

(lol, jk)

Sooo I suppose CLI on student products are null and void and in the future I should just consider a PC.

If I PC, do I keep the same history or does it close the account and start fresh?

Ha ha!  I came up with it  over a year ago. 

Contributor
Gh0st

Got the Citi Forward a few months after I turned 18 and got 4000 limit. Had a captial 1 at 1000 and a jcpenny card at 1500 I believe. Got a citi cli to 5200 a month or so ago. Give them a try. 

.Believe.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}