Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLOSED ACCOUNT COMENITYCAPITAL/SMPB.. CLOSED MY ACCOUNT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLOSED ACCOUNT COMENITYCAPITAL/SMPB.. CLOSED MY ACCOUNT

BE AWARE, I REQUESTED A CLI ON MY SIMPLY BE THAT IS AT THE 7 MONTH MARK AND HADN'T USED THE CARD IN A WHILE. WELL COMENITY CLOSED MY ACCOUNT LAST WEEK AND THEN PLACED THAT i ASKED FOR IT TO HAPPEN IN MY CONSUMER FILES. I DONT THINK ITS A GOOD IDEA TO REQUEST CLI AS I THINK THAT HAS TRIGERED THEM TO SHUT ACCOUNTS... WAIT FOR AUTO INCREASES UNLESS YOUR CARD IS AT THE 6 MONTH OR YEAR MARK.. I AM WONDERING IF THEY HAVE CLOSED MORE THAN THIS ACCOUNT, BUT I WILL NEED TO WATCH MY CREDIT REPORT TO FIND OUT.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLOSED ACCOUNT COMENITYCAPITAL/SMPB.. CLOSED MY ACCOUNT

Sorry this happened to you. Nonusage for months can trigger account closure or CLD with a number of lenders, and it seems epsecially so with Comenity and Synchrony lately.

The CLI request may have brought the account status showing nonusage to the forefront and allowed it to be picked up by the algorithm, but I believe it was primarily the account nonusage that created an issue, as that has been a trigger for some other account closures and CLD's lately. I do not think that requesting a small CLI on a SimplyBe store card in and of itself was the issue.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your imput.. I was really wondering.. i have returned items a couple of times to, so I do believe that they take all the into consideration when looking into to CLI if the love button doesn't work. I have 2 other cards from them as well that I just placed small orders on to avoid my Credit Score from taking another hit on a closed account.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it is just weird unfortunate timing. I can still log in to all the accounts that are closed on the comenity websites.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeap, me tooo.. why not remove the online accounts as well. Sounds like messy practice work for  a CC company to close your account but still give you access to the billing and I owe them nothing on that account.

Message 5 of 9
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Sounds like a representitive might have hit the wrong button or misheard you on the phone. Always double check what they do as some of the representitives might not be the brightest of the bunch especially at sub-prime banks.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry that this happened to you.  Pease do those of us with old eyes a favor and not use all caps.  It really makes your post hard to read.  Thanks!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeap, me tooo.. why not remove the online accounts as well. Sounds like messy practice work for  a CC company to close your account but still give you access to the billing and I owe them nothing on that account.

Actually, it's good practice. Even if the balance is already zero, continued on-line access provides ease of access to past card activity / statements, especially for those who have opted for paperless. Also, a closed account can still experience some activity, such as pending authorizations, off-line transactions, penalties, fees, and trailing interest.

Personally, the lack of consistency / regulation regarding on-line account access is the main reason I continue to opt for paper statements. Many issuers only provide a year or two of past statements on-line at best. In addition, often strictly limit the ordering of past statements, which may involve an extra fee to obtain.

Message 8 of 9
Ariel
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 2 other cards from them as well that I just placed small orders on to avoid my Credit Score from taking another hit on a closed account.

Closing an account by itself does not affect your credit score.  If you're carrying balances, it will affect your utilization, which could affect your score.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.