Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLOSING DATE AND DUE DATE QUESTION ABOUT AMEX ZINC

tag
jnydc
Contributor

Re: CLOSING DATE AND DUE DATE QUESTION ABOUT AMEX ZINC

My question is are charges made on the closing date going to reflect on that statement, or on the next statement?

@jnydc wrote:

Things charged on the closing date will be on the current statement or the next statement?  For instance mine is the 17th, will things I carge reflect on the bill to be paid 2 weeks after or, the next bill?

I would like to make a charge and don't want it to post with a high util just because I charged something on or close to the closing date.

2009 Credit Portfolio: First Premier 450, Orchard Bank 400

2012 Credit Portfolio: AMEX; Gold, Zync, & Clear 5k
Citi Platinum Select 2k, Home Depot Store (Citi) 4k, Discover More 10k, Barclays Apple 2k, Cap 1 (secured) 2.5k
Message 11 of 12
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: CLOSING DATE AND DUE DATE QUESTION ABOUT AMEX ZINC

@jnydc wrote:

My question is are charges made on the closing date going to reflect on that statement, or on the next statement?

@jnydc wrote:

Things charged on the closing date will be on the current statement or the next statement?  For instance mine is the 17th, will things I carge reflect on the bill to be paid 2 weeks after or, the next bill?

I would like to make a charge and don't want it to post with a high util just because I charged something on or close to the closing date.

I would never count on a charge that was made on the closing date not getting included.

Or to get rid of all the double negatives Smiley Tongue, I would be ready to see any charges made on the closing date show up on that date's statement.

If you charge the day before, I would fully expect it to show up. It doesn't always, but it often does. I generally stop using my cards 4 days before I expect the statement to post. So my AmEx statements hit on the 20th, and I stop using the card on the 16th.

If you don't want something to be included on a given month's statement, wait until the day after the statement drops, go online and look at it to see that it really is a new statement, and then go shopping. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.