Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO deleted, where do I go from here?

tag
beerdrinker
Established Member

CO deleted, where do I go from here?

Greetings.  First post and short time lurker.

With the knowledge I've soaked from this board I was able to get a GW delete from Amex for an account I allowed to go into collection due to being in-between employement.  As soon as I was contacted by the CA, I PIF and was enrolled in the Oasis program.  Happy to report that I maintain a perfect payment history and making progress towards my goal to be approved for another Amex in the near future.  That CO was my only baddie and having the TL deleted resulted in an 81 FICO point boost to a present 735.  I still have a high util at 57% which I'm making a priority to cut down to >10% within 3-4 months.  In the meantime I'd like some suggestions as to what I can begin working on while I eliminate my CC balance.

Discover More: $4000 CL; $3,586 Bal

Chase Slate: $1,300 CL; $0 Bal

Amex Optima: $500 CL; $0 Bal

CapOne Plat (credit steps) $500 CL; $0 Bal

I'd like to PC the Slate to a Freedom or Sapphire and, of course, complete my year with the Optima and close and apply for a backdated Amex Green.

I should mention that I foolishly wasted a number of inquiries before I found this board trying to get CLIs and applying for store cards.  I was turned down for 2 store cards for having too high % Util and inquiries.

So any suggestions are welcomed.  I'm also okay with gardening for a while, score simulator says I should have at least a 785 score once I bring my Util down.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: CO deleted, where do I go from here?

Welcome to the forums!!

Gardening and paying down your DM card will be your best options! No more apps and let your INQ's fall off over time.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 14
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats on getting your score well into the 700 club ~  That's great !

Honestly I think you will be in good shape from a revolving perspective once you get your Discover balance paid down.    I agree that you should probably take some time to garden, pay it down, and let your inquires age off.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 14
TheBronxBomber
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
Welcome to the forums!!

Gardening and paying down your DM card will be your best options! No more apps and let your INQ's fall off over time.
+1

Current myFICO Scores:03/08/12 EQ: 801 • TU: 801 • Bank of America TU FICO: 822 • Credit Karma Vantage: 873

My Wallet: Amex Business Platinum | Amex SPG (5k) | Amex Delta Reserve (33k) | Citi ThankYou Premier World MasterCard (26k) | Chase Mileage Club Visa Signature (15k)
Sock Drawer: Barclay Ring MasterCard (10k) | Discover More (6.5k) | CapitalOne VentureOne (4.5k) | Macy's | Amex Platinum Personal
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did the Oasis Card replaced the old CO that was on the CR, or did you have to submit a Goodwill to Amex. which ultimately got approved.

Message 5 of 14
beerdrinker
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

Did the Oasis Card replaced the old CO that was on the CR, or did you have to submit a Goodwill to Amex. which ultimately got approved.

The Oasis Card was offered as a condition for PIF the CO.  I received the card embossed as "member since 2011", but it's backdated on my CR.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

About how long since receiveing the Optima, did it take for your CR to be updated, (CO removed from it and started showing currecnt TL ). Am in the same boat, just received my Optima from Amex, but wondering how long before they delete the CO. The card was backdated to my first member since date also.

Message 7 of 14
beerdrinker
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

About how long since receiveing the Optima, did it take for your CR to be updated, (CO removed from it and started showing currecnt TL ). Am in the same boat, just received my Optima from Amex, but wondering how long before they delete the CO. The card was backdated to my first member since date also.

I requested a GW TL deletion on the CO account.  Prior to the deletion my CR was showing two Amex TLs: the CO as "Closed by creditor; Paid in full" and the Optima reporting as "Pays as agreed."

It now only shows one TL which is the one for the Optima.  The derog is now gone.

Amex will not wipe the CO from your account simply because you now have an Optima.  I wrote them a GW letter several months after having a perfect history with the Optima and providing documentation as to the circumstances that put my account in CO status.

Message 8 of 14
beerdrinker
Established Member

just a quick update since I just signed up for Score Watch this morning.

On 1/14/12 my Equifax score was 647

As of today (3/18/12) my Equifax score is 746

The statement on my Optima cut yesterday, but it's still reporting a $29 balance when it should be $0.  Should see a small boost when that is updated.  My DM should update mid-week and I've paid down $1,000 on that balance.

Message 9 of 14
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Very nice score increase Beerdrinker!!! Congrats!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.