cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COMMENITY BANK VIRGIN AMERICA CARD HELP!

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: COMMENITY BANK VIRGIN AMERICA CARD HELP!

300.00 w/150.00 yearly? Are they that ridiculous?
Message 11 of 22
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I thought according to the card act the AF cannot be >25% of the credit limit?
Message 12 of 22
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

I got a letter from a CLI request from comenity on my Sportsman's Guide Visa that said denied due to the account being recently opened.  No number to call.  I guess I will just wait 4 months and hit the button again.

I called the number today in the email I recieved acknowledging my TotalRewards application and telling me to wait 7 to 10 days.  The CSR said he could see the app but that it had not been processed yet and I should wait and call back after getting my responce. 

I have been unable to find a Comenity Backdoor number anywhere that will let you talk to anyone other than a normal CSR.

Message 13 of 22
sandman2435
Established Contributor

What you do is go to the app page and at the bottem is the cust service number for the type of card you applyed for,Call the number and they will try to help and if need be they will contact the credit dept

Message 14 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

We'll I called and she was able to locate app and tell me a letter went out today but not rather that was the denial letter or a pin letter to call in to verify yourself before approval.

sigh

Message 15 of 22
kromerok
Established Member

I was initially approved for the same 300, I was told there was an error that day and everyone got that. They then upped it to 25k. 

The reason they declined me was too many inquires, I pointed out that it was 2 including them and they approved me after that.

Message 16 of 22
tommywerdine
Regular Contributor

@creditaddict what number did you call?

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards $10k | TobyHanna FCU $10k | Black Card $5k | NFCU goRewards $2.5k | Citi Diamond Preferred $2k | DCU Plat Rewards $2k | Huntington Voice $1250 | AmEx Delta $1k | Cap1 QS $300 | Cap1 Secured $500 | J Crew $4.9k | Walmart $2.5k | Kay $1k | Jareds $1k | HomeDepot $1k | FingerHut $900 | Macys $800 | Phillips66 $750 | Buckle $300 | Express $250 In The Garden Since: August 4, 2014. TU FICO: 711 (via Walmart) | EQ FICO: 699 | EX FICO: 677 Goals:700+ on all three.
Message 17 of 22
sandman2435
Established Contributor

I just called them and said $300.00 is not enough to pay $149.00 for a credit card..That I would need at least $15.000 or just cancel the account.I should know in a few days

Message 18 of 22
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@sandman2435 wrote:

I just called them and said $300.00 is not enough to pay $149.00 for a credit card..That I would need at least $15.000 or just cancel the account.I should know in a few days

I've heard a few stories consistent with yours - $300 limit.  Maybe Comenity is having growing pains making the jump from store cards to airline cards?  Not a good start for Comenity and a bad reflection on Virgin America.  

Message 19 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@tommywerdine wrote:
@Creditaddict what number did you call?

855-871-9842 - you don't want to press to to visa verify... i eventually got to rep just going through system and asking when it asked why I was calling.

they will only verify the app is in system though, which the email did right after I applied so not much purpose in calling unless you got the letter already then it's either denied or you need to verify using the pin on the letter.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.