Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COSTCO AMEX approved!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

COSTCO AMEX approved!!

Awesome!!  Applied online at AE website on Monday, by Friday morning got an e-mail stating that applicaton has been approved and to expect card in 7-14 days.  Whoohoo!!  This is first new CC in about 10 years and will probably be last. 
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: COSTCO AMEX approved!!

Congrats on the approval.
Message 2 of 23
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats.  I understand the decision is based by both costco and amex for this card. What is your scores and how much do you spend at CostCo?
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU score is at 680 and EQ is at 703.   I've paid off nearly $7,000 of CC debt since the beginning of this year.  So my score has been consistently rising.  

We have spent about $1,100 at Costco so far.  Our membership actually lapsed since last September and we renewed it around March/April.  I don't know if having a corporate AMEX card had any merit or weight in me getting a personal card.  I work for a large corporation and the charges are paid in a timely manner by my corporate after I've submitted my receipts. 

Message 4 of 23
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I work for a large corporation and the charges are paid in a timely manner by my corporate after I've submitted my receipts. 

That is probably what helped you to get the card. From what I understand it is a difficult card to get and requires high scores and good spedning record with CostCo to qualify for this card. Congrats on your new card....

Message 5 of 23
pattycake
Established Contributor

Congrats!  
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 6 of 23
GovtGal
Valued Member

I'm hoping to get approved for this card as well.  I finally got my scores high enough that I felt I had a shot (794 EQ and 808 TU).  I applied on Wednesday (7-15-09) and I got a message saying that if I was approved I would receive my card in 7-14 days.  I'm nervous about this one because I spend about $200 a month a Costco...not really enough to make my application attractive.  I'm hoping my scores will help balance that out.

Did you get the same message I got initially?  I'm wondering if I can expect an e-mail in a few days.  The waiting is very hard.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same initial message as well.  It was an interesting wait period.  My understanding from other members of the forum is that they look into your Costco spending history in addition to the standard CC checks.  Let me know what they tell you.  I'm curious.  Now, I just waiting to see what the credit limit is going to be.  Not going to use the card right away.  Want to get other financial things in order first so I can really make this card work for me.
Message 8 of 23
mark925
New Contributor

@GovtGal wrote:

I'm hoping to get approved for this card as well.  I finally got my scores high enough that I felt I had a shot (794 EQ and 808 TU).  I applied on Wednesday (7-15-09) and I got a message saying that if I was approved I would receive my card in 7-14 days.  I'm nervous about this one because I spend about $200 a month a Costco...not really enough to make my application attractive.  I'm hoping my scores will help balance that out.

Did you get the same message I got initially?  I'm wondering if I can expect an e-mail in a few days.  The waiting is very hard.

I got the same message as well.  I applied last week as I got my scores up (TU 782, EQ 786).   You can check the status of the application online but everytime I do all I see is the last app I put in back in May.

Message 9 of 23
GovtGal
Valued Member

@mark925 wrote:

@GovtGal wrote:

I got the same message as well.  I applied last week as I got my scores up (TU 782, EQ 786).   You can check the status of the application online but everytime I do all I see is the last app I put in back in May.

I just checked the status online and there is no record of the application.  The waiting is very hard.  In the past I wouldn't have worried about it but these days it's so hard to tell what credit card companies will do.
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.