Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COnversation with BOA

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

COnversation with BOA

I got a promotional call from FIA today and they were offering me a secured card. Now why would they call me for a secured card?

The agent saw that I closed my account back in 2007 and hada payment plan on it. In March of this year, it was finally paid in full (around 10k). So this whole time since 2007, I have been making payment (this account was closed at consumer's request - so that I could get a 1% interest that they told me they couldn't give me unless I closed the account).

He went on to say that if I wanted an unsecured card, I will have to wait 5 years from when the account was paid in full so they would consider it. I mean first of all, they called me and second, I have been paying this card since Arpil of 2007 without a fault and I closed it because this was the only way BOA would lower my interest from 31% to 1%. So they are penalizing me because of that (lame). SO since this was paid in full in March of this year, I now havw to wait 5 years (2016) to apply for an unsecured with them. How bogus is that? I even paid this card a whole year in advance.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: COnversation with BOA

more than likely they  most of the people on payment plans like they consider high risk so they just lump you in with everyone else

Message 2 of 11
casmith1980
Established Contributor

I know some people enjoy BofA, but that's just like everything else, YMMV but personally I can't stand them. 

I find what they're doing to  you, RIDICULOUS!  Just out of curiosity, is this TL "negative" on your CR?  If not, then I wouldn't worry about them and would look elsewhere for your future credit dealings.  Smiley Wink

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 3 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

@casmith1980 wrote:

I know some people enjoy BofA, but that's just like everything else, YMMV but personally I can't stand them. 

I find what they're doing to  you, RIDICULOUS!  Just out of curiosity, is this TL "negative" on your CR?  If not, then I wouldn't worry about them and would look elsewhere for your future credit dealings.  Smiley Wink

This account has 5 X 30 days late in late 2006 and 2 30 days in early 2007. It wasn't closed by the creditor. But still negative on my CR's. Although if you look from May 2007 and afterwards, it's green (paid on time). It was a rough spot in my life back then but I paid this card 1 year in advance. It was supposed to be paid off in Feb 2012. I paid it off this past March. You would think that would mean something to them...oh well

Message 4 of 11
john398
Senior Contributor

they are  probably mad they only got 1%  intreast and couldnt write  off anything

Message 5 of 11
sandsanta
Contributor

I wouldn't put too much stock into it. They'll approve you for a Rewards card after a year. 

Message 6 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

I have never heard of anyone getting a call for a secured card. What kind of joke is that? I had to ask him twice 'You're calling me to offer me a secured card??'

Message 7 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I agree forget them.... We really are starting to run out of big banks that don't do crazy things to customers... guess it's good all my money is going to Navy now!

Message 8 of 11
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I know a lot of people get love from BoA(FIA) but I really am glad to be done with them. 

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 11
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

Interesting report, worth writing about because it's so weird, but don't sweat the five years.  You don't need them.

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.