Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRAP! Missed a CC payment

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: CRAP! Missed a CC payment

@ripper998 wrote:

no its definantly a fee, the wife cut that card up months ago.  We planned on closing it anyways since she hates the company.  Its First Premier Bank

what a surprise Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 12
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: CRAP! Missed a CC payment

I hope she used bleach on her hands and scissors after cutting up the card....    I know a few people that have worked for them. I've mentioned getting their offers in the mail and saying "no offense, their terms are a bit greedy so I usually throw them out",  one responded "they aren't something you'd want to deal with" another who worked in collections (I think) cringed and said "they can play a little dirty, it makes work a bit stressful even though they pay well"....   It sort of sounds like they'll (FP) try and get away with whatever they can really. Even though not all the people that work there are all bad.

I think if you contacted them and reminded them (politely) it's against the credit card act of 2009 (that MarineVietVet mentioned earlier), you might make some headway.  I do know they can't charge a fee on top of a fee (not the exact same thing of course) BoA even told me that honestly when I had a question.  And yes, FP seems to want to trip people up if possible to gain any fee they possibly can.

When you speak to them, take notes, make a note of the persons name you're speaking with at the time, use their name while speaking with them, it tells them you will likely remember who gave you what info. If you have to call back, reference that conversation with that person by name and when, that makes a much bigger impact than most people realize.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.