Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRAs will add verifiable accounts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRAs will add verifiable accounts?

I was reading on the net and found an article stating...... " If you've been told that you were denied credit because of an "insufficient credit file" or "NO CREDIT file" and you have accounts with creditors that don't appear in your credit file, ask the CRA to add this information to future reports. Although they are not required to do so, many CRAs will add verifiable accounts for a fee. Understand that if these creditors do not report to the CRA on a regular basis, however, the added items will not be updated in your file "

I have an account  that reports to Transunion with a 12,500 limit and a balance of $233.00 and has been open since 2002. I would like for it to post on EXPERIAN & EQUIFAX. Any suggestions on how to do so?????? And whats the fee??? This will boost my score BIG TIME. 

EX 646
Tran 659
EQ 683
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CRAs will add verifiable accounts?

I can't answer your questions specifically, but I'm curious.  Who is the creditor and what type of account is it?

Are you sure it's not an account that should be reporting anyway, but isn't reporting due to some oversight on the part of the creditor?  If that's the case, you can contact the creditor directly and make them aware of the oversight.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's USA Platinum. The website is usashoppingclub.com. You buy their products with a credit card they give you. Its used to establish credit. Problem is that they only report to Transunion...I called and asked with same answer.. Any suggestions??
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ won't add direct merchant accounts (a la Crown Jewelers). I think the diff between CJ (and your US account) and stores that offer cards like Tar-jhay is that they also offer branded store cards.

Could be wrong though.

In any case, I was told by BoA who handles hubby's Gov Travel Card that THEY have to be the ones to report it (since they PAY for the "privilege" ) and that the average consumer can NOT have it reported themselves. But as always, YMMV.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.