cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRED1-Have Pre-Approved Mailer..Declined on Pre-Qualify?

tag
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

Re: CRED1-Have Pre-Approved Mailer..Declined on Pre-Qualify?

My score matched fico exactly.  Could it be a coincidence maybe but that is some coincidence.

Message 11 of 21
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

My score matched fico exactly.  Could it be a coincidence maybe but that is some coincidence.

Who did they pull for you? 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 12 of 21
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

I still have my creditone, getting ready to ax them next week if i can remember, and w the account they give a free score monthly...i called them up about the score beginning of the year inquiring wht their score is based on...they told me its based on experian and the rep did admit it was a fako score. I asked bc my score there is over 100 points higher than here...some members tho say that their scores are within a 20 point range from the score they pulled here...perhaps the score they give during the prequal could be the sam scoring system as the one they offer monthly for free for members

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 13 of 21
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

Smiley Very Happy http://youtu.be/FNSZgbJsSxU

now i have access to a FREE EX (FICO?) credit score ANY TIME I WANT!!!

Dear SCOTT:    

Thank you for your recent request for pre-qualification for a Credit One Bank credit       

card. Your request was carefully considered and we are unable to provide a credit       

card offer for you at this time.    

Reasons for Denial of Credit        

Your application was processed by a credit scoring system that assigns a numerical       

value to the various items of information we consider in evaluating an application.       

These numerical values are based upon the results of analyses of repayment histories       

of large numbers of customers.    

The information you provided in your application did not score a sufficient number       

of points for approval of the application. The reasons you did not score well compared       

with other applicants were:

• Insufficient time since most recent account opened
  • Too many recent inquiries
  • Number of Accounts Opened within the Last 12 Months    

Your credit score: 785     Date: 09/06/2013         Scores range from a low of 350     to a high of 850
    Key factors that adversely affected your credit score:    

• Insufficient time since most recent account opened
  • Too many recent inquiries
  • Number of Accounts Opened within the Last 12 Months
earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 14 of 21
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

WOW! the rotten apple doesn't want me, but wants to give me a possible FREE soft pull EX FICO score ANYTIME I WANT! YAY! IT IS BETTER TO GET TURNED DOWN BY CRAPONE!

Message 15 of 21
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@ezdoesit wrote:

Who did they pull for you? 

They pulled Ex.

OP thanks for the heads up like someone said free ex fico and depending on who they pull maybe free eq or tu.  I know they pulled TU for you so maybe next time they pull TU for me.

Message 16 of 21
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

So you get a free score if you're not qualified, but do you get one even if you are qualified?

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 21
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@CashOnDelivery wrote:
So you get a free score if you're not qualified, but do you get one even if you are qualified?

Nope.. Only those who are Not Worthy of CrapOne are Woman Sad outcast Woman Sad into the darkness with kindly offered things we don't want like FREE soft pull (FICO?) EX SCORES. i feel so unworthy...

Message 18 of 21
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

@ scottwagnon,
Lol, I feel the same way...😆

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 21
JonStur
Established Contributor

Credit One actually turning someone down...really........

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.