Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT CARD FRAUD!!!

tag
tubesock
Frequent Contributor

Re: CREDIT CARD FRAUD!!!

Well, well, well...can ANYONE guess what came in the mail today???

Yes, the frauded item (I don't think frauded is a word...but anyway)! A bottle of BLEU CHANEL perfume. A BIG BOTTEL OF BLEU CHANEL. 

So now I know what they bought! Guess they were new to the Credit Card/Identity Theft game because usually you send the stolen package to an address where you can actually get the stolen merchandise. 

Looks like I get to try a new fragranceSmiley Very Happy

Or should I call someone to let them know I received the package???Smiley Frustrated

FicoTU 780 | Credit Karma 781 | Credit Sesame 780
EQ 673 Dec2011 | Current: 695 Nov2013 | Goal: 720+
UTL: 54% Dec2011 | Current UTL: 21% | Goal UTL: 0% June2014
AmxZync | CapOne 1k | Comenity 1.1k | Target 3k |NFCU Visasig 5k | Goodyear 5.8k | CitiSimplicity 10.2k
Sam'sClub 10k | AmxSpg 20k | Citi HiltonReserve 20k | DCU 20k | Chase RR Visasig 25k | NFCU Visasig 33k
Message 21 of 26
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tubesock wrote:

Yes, the frauded item (I don't think frauded is a word...but anyway)! A bottle of BLEU CHANEL perfume. A BIG BOTTEL OF BLEU CHANEL. 

So now I know what they bought! Guess they were new to the Credit Card/Identity Theft game because usually you send the stolen package to an address where you can actually get the stolen merchandise. 

Or should I call someone to let them know I received the package???Smiley Frustrated

I would call and return it. You don't want anymore hassles about it, plus it's the right thing to do.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 22 of 26
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@tubesock wrote:

I would call and return it. You don't want anymore hassles about it, plus it's the right thing to do.

+1  To do anything otherwise would be theft. (or at a minimum, receiving stolen merchandise).

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 23 of 26
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@tubesock wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:
So what did they buy ? And i guess they tried to ship it somewhere far away ?

Amazon wouldn't reveal much but she did say a mouse...which I'm assuming was a computer mouse. They said any other information would only be given to the proper authorities. 

I've always had to wonder about this. If someone commits fraud by stealing my payment information and trying to buy themselves something - why should their privacy be respected in any way? Obviously they neither care about my privacy nor finances since they took it upon themselves to steal my info to make a fraudulent purchase. I'm not necessarily advocating an eye-for-an-eye mentality here, but why protect criminals?

Here's a few reasons: 

- Providing details to anyone other than law enforcement, most likely violates Amazon's Privacy Policy. The person you are speaking with may lose their job, if they provided you any details. 

- From a business standpoint, it's a potential liability issue. If the Amazon CSR told you who made the purchase, then you and Mr Louisville Slugger had a 'conversation' with the identified person; it could potentially blow back on Amazon; in criminal, and/or civil court. 

- Amazon would only have certain limited information; which may not be the actual person making the transaction. It's entirely possible, that the person making the purchase may be trying to get someone else in trouble wrongfully (e.g. Ex g/f or b/f).

@Example: Amazon tells you, "The item is being shipped to Suzy Q @ 123 Whatever Street". You proceded with the above mentioned 'conversation' with Suzy Q. Later the police found out it was really Suzy Q's disgruntled ex b/f.

Not only would Amazon be in legal hot water for falsly identifying another victim in the case as the criminal; you'd probably feel really bad for wrongly kicking the snot out of Suzy Q. 

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 24 of 26
tubesock
Frequent Contributor

Okay, so I know it's the right thing to do so that's why I called Amex. They said I can return to sender but the problem is, out of habit when I ripped the packaging open, I also cut off the part of the label with my name & address and shredded it. So now the packaging is not reusable. So of course I can mail it to the company who mailed it to me you say...BUT I'M NOT PAYING FOR IT! I DIDN'T ORDER IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I order from Amazon all the time and in every package there is a packaging slip. This package does not have a packaging slip and does not say Amazon anywhere. All there is, is a bubble-wrap package...nothing else. So in reality, I'm not sure it's even from Amazon, that's just an assumption on my part since I haven't purchased anything but my credit card was used without my permission. Of course there is no phone number to perhaps get an RMA, if they offer it.

This is a mess and not of my own doing. It's wonderful that it's some yummy smelling perfume but a thief, I am not. Nevertheless, I am not getting ready to go Mission Impossible/Double Agent to get all this done. I will do a Google search to see if I can find a phone number for the company and if I find it, I will ask them how I can get the package back to them with no cost to myself. If this can't be done...then it won't be going back. Simple as that.

FicoTU 780 | Credit Karma 781 | Credit Sesame 780
EQ 673 Dec2011 | Current: 695 Nov2013 | Goal: 720+
UTL: 54% Dec2011 | Current UTL: 21% | Goal UTL: 0% June2014
AmxZync | CapOne 1k | Comenity 1.1k | Target 3k |NFCU Visasig 5k | Goodyear 5.8k | CitiSimplicity 10.2k
Sam'sClub 10k | AmxSpg 20k | Citi HiltonReserve 20k | DCU 20k | Chase RR Visasig 25k | NFCU Visasig 33k
Message 25 of 26
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

@tubesock wrote:

Okay, so I know it's the right thing to do so that's why I called Amex. They said I can return to sender but the problem is, out of habit when I ripped the packaging open, I also cut off the part of the label with my name & address and shredded it. So now the packaging is not reusable. So of course I can mail it to the company who mailed it to me you say...BUT I'M NOT PAYING FOR IT! I DIDN'T ORDER IT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I order from Amazon all the time and in every package there is a packaging slip. This package does not have a packaging slip and does not say Amazon anywhere. All there is, is a bubble-wrap package...nothing else. So in reality, I'm not sure it's even from Amazon, that's just an assumption on my part since I haven't purchased anything but my credit card was used without my permission. Of course there is no phone number to perhaps get an RMA, if they offer it.

This is a mess and not of my own doing. It's wonderful that it's some yummy smelling perfume but a thief, I am not. Nevertheless, I am not getting ready to go Mission Impossible/Double Agent to get all this done. I will do a Google search to see if I can find a phone number for the company and if I find it, I will ask them how I can get the package back to them with no cost to myself. If this can't be done...then it won't be going back. Simple as that.

Good luck to you! Last month I had 2 fraudulent charges on my business DEBIT card and I was p*ssed. They were made from somewhere in Canada.  It sucks and you feel violated. Just keep an eye out on your other cards as well.

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.