cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT ONE - ANOTHER manual CLI !!! Keep open for UTIL !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CREDIT ONE - ANOTHER manual CLI !!! Keep open for UTIL !

Hey all.  I have LONG graduated from Credit One (started at $300 in 11/14 - now have prime cards with CL $2000-3000) .. Scores then were 530s-550s if that.  Now, scores are all high 600s thanks to this forum.  Today I called Credit One and requested a manual CLI -- denied via system.  They sent to UW, I was at $600 up from a manual CLI in July, when they told me I would not be eligible again until Feb 2016.

Today, called in, gave info, they SPed me -- came back an hour later and approved me to $1,000!  Not big, but honestly I dont even use them but for $50 in gas a month and PIF well before statement, so they help with $1,000 in unused UTIL Smiley Very Happy  Overall CL now wayyyy above what it was 11 months ago!!!  

If anyone has Credit One, keep them open to help your UTIL score -- an extra $1,000 in open CL cant hurt!!  

SUCCESS SUCCESS!!!!

Now waiting on a manual review on my Cap One QuickSilver app from EO -- she said UW said my credit file looks great and can approve but has to determine a limit!!!!  

FIGHT ON Credit Warriors

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: CREDIT ONE - ANOTHER manual CLI !!! Keep open for UTIL !

I forget does credit one charge u a fee for that?
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive heard of that but I have NEVER been charged a fee :-)  3 CLIs!!!  Nada

Message 3 of 10
ddemari
Super Contributor

nice job then!! 

Message 4 of 10
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

AFAIK, Credit One does normally charge for CLIs, but I guess op has gotten lucky. Grats Joey. Although I still think it should be canceled because you are still paying an AF after all to keep it open. I would suggest closing it and seeking SP CLIs from your other lenders.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 10
Creditdreamer
Established Contributor

I just got bumped to 650. And got my monthly fee removed for the next 6 months. They always offer to increase my CL for 24.95. I tell them no and ask to speak to retention and ask for my fee to be removed.
Starting: EQ 498 TU 501 EX 485 (9/23/11)
As of 5/12: EQ 552 TU 591 EX 572
Credit Repair Journey Bump in the Road
As of 10/15: EQ 511 TU 588 EX 601
Discover TU Fico- 12/31/18: 694; CK EQ- 1/16/19: 634
Goal: All 3 above 700

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's not forget that Credit One doesn't have a grace period, so all charges pay interest.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It really depends on how much credit you have built as to whether it helps your utilization or not.

My DW closed my elderly moms Credit One in August. She has 2 other accounts opened the same month as Credit One so we didn't have any more use for it.

At some point the $1000 limit won't have any weight on your scores once you get to the upper 5 or 6 figures in credit limits. 

I would pay your gas off immediately after it posts in order to avoid accruing much interest.

Message 8 of 10
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all.  I have LONG graduated from Credit One (started at $300 in 11/14 - now have prime cards with CL $2000-3000) .. Scores then were 530s-550s if that.  Now, scores are all high 600s thanks to this forum.  Today I called Credit One and requested a manual CLI -- denied via system.  They sent to UW, I was at $600 up from a manual CLI in July, when they told me I would not be eligible again until Feb 2016.

Today, called in, gave info, they SPed me -- came back an hour later and approved me to $1,000!  Not big, but honestly I dont even use them but for $50 in gas a month and PIF well before statement, so they help with $1,000 in unused UTIL Smiley Very Happy  Overall CL now wayyyy above what it was 11 months ago!!!  

If anyone has Credit One, keep them open to help your UTIL score -- an extra $1,000 in open CL cant hurt!!  

SUCCESS SUCCESS!!!!

Now waiting on a manual review on my Cap One QuickSilver app from EO -- she said UW said my credit file looks great and can approve but has to determine a limit!!!!  

FIGHT ON Credit Warriors

Congrats op. but i have to respectfully disagree. under no circumstances would i keep Credit one after going prime time. 1k makes very little difference in util unless your total is 5k.  They would be the first in the shredder. as they charge for so many things. not even Amex with 20k has the fees that Credit one has.

Message 9 of 10
elim
Senior Contributor

I would PIF my accounts every month and not worry about Utilization right now (and close that predatory card when the time is right), Garden 6 months and app the next level.. You may have to sacrifice a bit now to curb your spend but PIF is what lenders like to see. TransUnion published a study in 2013 that said consumers who do not pay off their credit cards in full each month are 3 to 5 times riskier than those who do. IMO having a CreditOne account open probably doesn't look great to lenders either.  We have all been there but get past that point as fast as you can to get to the next leg of your credit journey.

Congrats on the increase    :]

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.