cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT REQUIRED TO GET THE TARGET CREDIT CARD AND CREDIT NEED IT FOR THE BESTBUY CARD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CREDIT REQUIRED TO GET THE TARGET CREDIT CARD AND CREDIT NEED IT FOR THE BESTBUY CARD

Score Need It For The Target Credit Card  or  bestbuy  credit card      any suggestion what scores do i need to get them   or  from who do  they pull ?????  im only interested on this cards cuz of the  store  rewards and points  Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Brian_Trying_700
Frequent Contributor

Re: CREDIT REQUIRED TO GET THE TARGET CREDIT CARD AND CREDIT NEED IT FOR THE BESTBUY CARD

Please pull you true Fico score off this site. My opinion,  I would not apply for either.

Garden mode till 11/19/2013 Amex Zync 500 H-L I Discover More 1750 I Capital One Rewards 1750 I Barclay Apple 1500 I Macys 2000 I Orchard 400 I Walmart 2000 I Chase Freedom 1500 I Lowes 1K l Barclay NFL 1K l Wright Express gas 2500 l PayPal Debit MasterCard BusinessCard $ ?
Message 2 of 8
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CREDIT REQUIRED TO GET THE TARGET CREDIT CARD AND CREDIT NEED IT FOR THE BESTBUY CARD

you should go to annualcreditreport.com and pull your free credit reports.. If you've ever had an account on credit, you will see your file by doing this...

Also, if you've never had credit at all, you may not have a score, a score is generated when you have 6 months of history on a credit product such as a credit card or a loan.

If you're looking to get started in credit, your best bet would be to join a local credit union, and ask them about depositing money into a CD or savings, and taking out a loan against it... This is called a secured loan, because it is secured by your funds... In my opinion that's the best way to build credit

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Score Need It For The Target Credit Card  or  bestbuy  credit card      any suggestion what scores do i need to get them   or  from who do  they pull ?????  im only interested on this cards cuz of the  store  rewards and points  Smiley Happy

Hello,

Yes could you please tell us if you "have" a credit report and score yet?

If you do have a report and score, can you pull EQ from here at MyFico?

This will help greatly on what would be a good option for you and the chances with these 2 cards you ask about.

Message 4 of 8
Brusilov
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you talking about the HSBC Mastercard Best Buy card or the store card?  If it's the Mastercard then low 600s are probably fine...same goes with Target.  If you don't have much established credit card history you may get awful terms for the HSBC card (high annual fee) and they both generally give out pretty stingy limits.

Message 5 of 8
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Isn't there target debit card that gives target discount?
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 6 of 8
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

Yes

@Crashem wrote:
Isn't there target debit card that gives target discount?
Message 7 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

BB is HSBC and is more than likely EQ or TU pull. I would say at least 640 for approval with no recent baddies.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.