Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT UNION

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: CREDIT UNION

@azguy13 wrote:

Please keep it constructive or do not comment at all. 

Thank You

EDIT: MJ beat me to it... less than a minute earlier

completely valid its a its a completely valid arguement that a full comprehension of proper spelling and grammar leads to higher education, which leads to potentially higher credit scores!
Message 21 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Let's remember to be respectful in your comments, as to not violate myfico's TOS and User Guidelines.

Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Message 22 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

Please keep it constructive or do not comment at all. 

Thank You

EDIT: MJ beat me to it... less than a minute earlier

completely valid its a its a completely valid arguement that a full comprehension of proper spelling and grammar leads to higher education, which leads to potentially higher credit scores!

We are not here to judge anyone this includes you....Pls refrain from any more negative comments 

MJ

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 23 of 29
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Stay on topic or refrain from commenting. 

Thank you-

Lexie, myFICO Moderator 

Message 24 of 29
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, please do keep it friendly.  I sometimes type in French forums, I can only imagine what has been thought of my spelling and grammar.

OP, I do believe some of our members are concerned about your eagerness in obtaining credit.  We promote healthy financial lifestyles and aren't too keen on just grabbing what you can.  I'm sure they are just concerned about your future credit health.

On that note, it is often considered very rude to comment in all caps, so that might be something to consider.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 25 of 29
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@juniornj23 wrote:

I HAVE A AVERAGE CREDIT  DOES ENYBODY KNOWS ANY CREDIT UNION THT WILL OFFER ME 2500 CL 

TU 655

EX 611

EQ 643

I NEED TO FIND THE WAY TO GET A PRIMIUN CARD 

I DO HAVE 

BEST BUY 300

PREMIER BANK  700

CAPITAL ONE 500 WHEN I MAKE THE 5 PAYMENT ON TIME THEY WILL RAISE TO 750 OR MORE  I HOPE 

CREDIT ONE BANK VISA  1050

CREDIT ONE BANK MC      500

PLATINUM REWARS           300 

11 HP

1 CHARGE OFF

1 COLLECTION 

NO LATE PAYMENT

I think you need work on letting those 11 hps age and address your CO and collection before thinking about getting better credit cards. 

OP-  Actually your scores aren't great, but they are not terrible either.  

Like others have said, it's probably best to wait.  But since you're looking at CU cards, it might not be a bad idea to call around to some of your local CU and find out their criteria.  They won't give you an exact answer, but may be helpful by giving you some general ranges (score, income, etc.).  Be honest with them, and tell them you're looking to establish a relationship with them.  Most CUs also do a HP to open an account, so the banker may also be able to look at and use the same pull to see if you qualify for their credit product.  

As far as a large CL, it's hard to say.  My cousin was able to get a $3K credit limit with his CU and his scores weren't that great either (650ish).  

Anyway, good luck!

Message 26 of 29
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@juniornj23 wrote:

I HAVE A AVERAGE CREDIT  DOES ENYBODY KNOWS ANY CREDIT UNION THT WILL OFFER ME 2500 CL 

TU 655

EX 611

EQ 643

I NEED TO FIND THE WAY TO GET A PRIMIUN CARD 

I DO HAVE 

BEST BUY 300

PREMIER BANK  700

CAPITAL ONE 500 WHEN I MAKE THE 5 PAYMENT ON TIME THEY WILL RAISE TO 750 OR MORE  I HOPE 

CREDIT ONE BANK VISA  1050

CREDIT ONE BANK MC      500

PLATINUM REWARS           300 

11 HP

1 CHARGE OFF

1 COLLECTION 

NO LATE PAYMENT

I think your best shot at getting the 2.5k credit line that you want is the capital one card that you have in credit steps! You can get there by using this card exclusively and showing good payment history. A lot of lenders will respect that you handle them well, even if your score isn't the most amazing. Just hang in there, and remember it's a marathon not a sprint. Smiley Wink  Best of luck. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. We do have a great forum that covers a lot of the basic questions, and I definitely would recommend you doing the homework so to speak and reading them first. If you have any questions following that, don't hesitate to ask us or even pm me if you want - I'm not the fastest to respond with my work schedule, but I'll try.

Everyone here is great in that they really want everyone on here to succeed. It says a great deal about the people that post here and I'm glad that I found it back when! Good luck! Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 29
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@ op i was not trying to be rude...i would suggest Digital Credit Union.....but they might frown on those inq's

Message 28 of 29
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@juniornj23 wrote:

CA YOU SENT ME A LICK TO ANY GW OR PFD LETTER

I suggest checking out the REbuilding subforum as it is intended for subjects like this.

Please turn off the caps lock.  All caps is yelling.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.