Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDITADDICT!!! HALP!!!!

tag
madmann26
Valued Contributor

CREDITADDICT!!! HALP!!!!

So,

Long story short, I have 12 credit cards that total 115k of credit lines.

I was looking at trimming the cards down, so since I have 2 CC's with NFCU (23k and 22k), I was looking at closing the cashRewards Signature and transferring the 22k to my Flagship Siggy.

Fine.

I called in and requested it and they said to check in a few days.

So I just logged in. I think they miss understood me because my Flagship is at 45k and I still have the 22k on my cashRewards card.

I'm shaking right now.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: CREDITADDICT!!! HALP!!!!

Well you have two choices basicly, they did what you asked but then left you to do the final step either call back and close the cashRewards card, or put it in your safe deposit box with a small recurring expense, and auto-pay on the card or don't put the recurring expense on the card and wait for NFCU to close it on their own.

High total CL is the price you pay for having Good credit. Eventually lenders will start giving you CLI's anyway and you end up with high total CL's its part of being considered a good risk.

Congrats!!! 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 32
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

That's awesome though

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 3 of 32
baller4life
Super Contributor

Ummmmm sounds like you just got a massive cli on flagship. Haha.
Message 4 of 32
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Lmao!!! That's awesome!!! Don't close either Of them!! They were so good to you!!Smiley Happy $45k???? I'd be shaking too! Just close another card and keep these!Smiley Happy ill never close my navy card ever! They were the first ones to give me a huge cli 5 months after a BK7! Even when I had good credit, I never had a cc with a CL over $7k, so I'm extremely grateful and partial to them!!Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 32
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Hell, call them up and ask for them to do the same thing again...60k+ cl...lol.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 6 of 32
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

That's a good kinda shaking Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 32
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

give  it another day.... you see the new CL of the combined limits before they close out and delete the 2nd card from your profile.

then a couple weeks later that 2nd account popped back up when we had a $1.20 interest charge, I paid it and now it's gone again.

Message 8 of 32
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

As an aside, every time I see the world HALP I picture Augustus Gloop falling into the choclate river in the original 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'. HAAALP!

My bad. Back to the post.

Message 9 of 32
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

As an aside, every time I see the world HALP I picture Augustus Gloop falling into the choclate river in the original 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'. HAAALP!

My bad. Back to the post.

i was thinking the same thing

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.