Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS from Amex

tag
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

CS from Amex

Just a question..Is credit secure from Amex worth the $24.95 per month? It seems a little high to me in comparision to some of the others I've seen but wanted to check to see what everyone else thought..

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: CS from Amex

@bamagirl1 wrote:

Just a question..Is credit secure from Amex worth the $24.95 per month? It seems a little high to me in comparision to some of the others I've seen but wanted to check to see what everyone else thought..

I think it is too much.  I had them for a year. Most of time, they had a problem to pull. I have myprivacymatters and it cost me $12.95. If you have USAA, you can signup thru them.

Ron.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mean CMS (credit monitoring service)?  There's an excellent thread you can read click here to find out about all the different CMS's that are available. 

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@bamagirl1 wrote:

For me, no; however, I think the only comparable product which is cheaper is the USAA monitoring (which is admittedly like half the price or something).

Then again I'm not in the religiously checking credit report camp; statistically if I ever had a problem that I didn't create, I can get it resolved before I really need my credit score (which I don't often), though Murphy's Law being what it is...

In any event, I get enough access to my report data from CK, CS, and the other freebie sites I'm probably mostly covered in the event something awkward winds up on my credit reports without my knowing about it, and that's really the only advantage I see to the pay for credit monitoring services, as their scores are almost all junk.

        
Message 4 of 11
Ron1
Super Contributor

Message 5 of 11
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Thanks ya'll I'll check it out. I have USAA and I think I did a free trial.  I like to check stuff but at the same, I'm too cheap to want to spend that much each month and $24.95 seems alot to me..

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did AMEX increase the rates?! I remember it was $15 per month

Message 7 of 11
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

USAA credit check monitoring:

$12.25

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/creditcheck_monitoring_main?wa_ref=pub_global_products_bank_creditmo...

Ron.

There was actually a half price special posted a month or so ago. Unsure if it's still going on.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@drkaje wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

USAA credit check monitoring:

$12.25

https://www.usaa.com/inet/pages/creditcheck_monitoring_main?wa_ref=pub_global_products_bank_creditmo...

Ron.

There was actually a half price special posted a month or so ago. Unsure if it's still going on.

Looks like it is when I check logged into their account interface for the CMS product specifically.

        
Message 9 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I think its worth it, unlimited 3 bureau pulls. I use it for EX and EQ. I still have my TU CMS.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.