Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS--->PC--->Freedom?

tag
randeman
Frequent Contributor

CS--->PC--->Freedom?

Ok, so be nice, but I searched Sapphire to Freedom but I kept coming up with vice-versa.  Since I was just approved for a CSP, I think having both is going to be redundant.  I called Chase today and the CSR tried, but she got a rejection.  I told her that might be because I won't qualify due to the new law's requirement to have the first card 13 months old.  The CS is a year old today.  She said it could be that or it could be something else.  I am betting it's the age.  Anyway, she decided she couldn't tell me for sure if I could PC to Freedom.  I am wondering also if it's because my Sapphire is a signature card and (maybe) Freedom is not a siggy?  I know, I am being lazy on that one.

What say you?

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: CS--->PC--->Freedom?

@randeman wrote:

Ok, so be nice, but I searched Sapphire to Freedom but I kept coming up with vice-versa.  Since I was just approved for a CSP, I think having both is going to be redundant.  I called Chase today and the CSR tried, but she got a rejection.  I told her that might be because I won't qualify due to the new law's requirement to have the first card 13 months old.  The CS is a year old today.  She said it could be that or it could be something else.  I am betting it's the age.  Anyway, she decided she couldn't tell me for sure if I could PC to Freedom.  I am wondering also if it's because my Sapphire is a signature card and (maybe) Freedom is not a siggy?  I know, I am being lazy on that one.

What say you?

The Freedom also has a siggy version

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 12
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

@randeman wrote:

What say you?

What law is this that we are talking about?

Message 3 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@nachoslibres wrote:

@randeman wrote:

What say you?

What law is this that we are talking about?

I assume rademan is talking about the CARD act which shouldn't really apply in this case.   Issuers cannot change the AF in the first 13 months that a consumer has the card, and many issuers, correctly or incorrectly, are interpreting that to block PCing to cards with a different AF.   But in this case both CS and Freedom have no AF.

Message 4 of 12
randeman
Frequent Contributor

It is the CARD act, yes, and I have been told on two separate occasions by two different Chase CSRs that ownership of a particular card for 13 months is required before a PC can happen. 

Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 5 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@randeman wrote:

It is the CARD act, yes, and I have been told on two separate occasions by two different Chase CSRs that ownership of a particular card for 13 months is required before a PC can happen. 

That interpretation may just be Chase policy, easier to have a blanket rule against PCing in this period,  than to have decide if PCing would cause the conditions to materially change which could cause a CARD act violation.

Message 6 of 12
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

If you wanted to, you could app for the Freedom and then transfer all but $500 of your CS CL to it - chase is great at reassigning kimits between cards 

Message 7 of 12
randeman
Frequent Contributor

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

If you wanted to, you could app for the Freedom and then transfer all but $500 of your CS CL to it - chase is great at reassigning kimits between cards 

Yes, but I don't want the Freedom badly enough to apply for it.  I just thought that it was rather redundant to have the CS and the CSP.  If I can't PC to the Freedom, then I will find a use for the CS.  It would just be nice to have the Freedom (without actually applying for it).

Message 8 of 12
randeman
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@randeman wrote:

That interpretation may just be Chase policy, easier to have a blanket rule against PCing in this period,  than to have decide if PCing would cause the conditions to materially change which could cause a CARD act violation.

This is a very reasonable explanation.

Message 9 of 12
LawStudentCivilis
Established Contributor

@randeman wrote:

@chrisw1968uk wrote:

Yes, but I don't want the Freedom badly enough to apply for it.  I just thought that it was rather redundant to have the CS and the CSP.  If I can't PC to the Freedom, then I will find a use for the CS.  It would just be nice to have the Freedom (without actually applying for it).

Contact Chase EO.  They will fix it for you, and it is painless.  They do much more than regular CSR's.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.