cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP 2X on tollways (i-pass, Ezpass, etc)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP 2X on tollways (i-pass, Ezpass, etc)

So I used to live in Chicago and I kept my Ipass (Illinois Tollway equivalent to Ezpass in the east coast) and I took my Ipass with me over the weekend as I was traveling in the east coast. I used my CSP to reload funds in my Ipass and going over my account today, I realized that CSP includes Ipass as part of their travel category so I received 2X for the funds!!!!. I just wanted to share in CASE no one knew about this and you can definitely use your CSP as your primary card to reload funds into your Ipass and Ezpass. Just thought I'd share Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: CSP 2X on tollways (i-pass, Ezpass, etc)

@Anonymous wrote:

So I used to live in Chicago and I kept my Ipass (Illinois Tollway equivalent to Ezpass in the east coast) and I took my Ipass with me over the weekend as I was traveling in the east coast. I used my CSP to reload funds in my Ipass and going over my account today, I realized that CSP includes Ipass as part of their travel category so I received 2X for the funds!!!!. I just wanted to share in CASE no one knew about this and you can definitely use your CSP as your primary card to reload funds into your Ipass and Ezpass. Just thought I'd share Smiley Happy 

The Chase reward category FAQs do mention "toll bridges and highways" as eligible travel. Parking counts. Even USTA points count.

The big head-scratcher, in my experience, was admission to the Museum of Sex counting as "travel" on CSP.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

HAHA really? they counted it as "trave"? very strange.

Message 3 of 7
driftless
Valued Contributor

Yup, I use CSP to reload our iPass.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 4 of 7
newhis
Valued Contributor

Thank you, I didn't know.

Message 5 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Definitely read the terms and FAQ's on these things.  As stated above:

https://www.chase.com/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/assets/page/Online_Rewards_FAQ

Q. What types of merchants are in the 'travel' category?

• A. Merchants in the travel category include airlines, hotels, motels, timeshares, campgrounds, car rental agencies, cruise lines, travel agencies, discount travel sites, and operators of passenger trains, buses, taxis, limousines, ferries, toll bridges and highways, and parking lots and garages. Please note that some merchants that provide transportation and travel-related services are not included in this category; for example, real estate agents, websites or owners that rent vacation properties, in-flight goods and services, on-board cruise line goods and services, sightseeing activities, tourist attractions, merchants within airports, and merchants that rent vehicles for the purpose of hauling. In addition, the purchasing of points or miles does not qualify in this category.

Unfortunately, the toll road authority in our area is not properly coded to qualify.

Message 6 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Wasn't aware. Interesting.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.