Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP 2x Travel

tag
Networth
Frequent Contributor

CSP 2x Travel

Does the 2x the points for travel on the CSP work with theme park tickets? and possibly other things like a boat rental.

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP 2x Travel

I've found that theme park tickets is no, while boat rentals are sometimes yes.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 2 of 11
Networth
Frequent Contributor

Your right scholar, I called Chase and theme park tickets and event shows are only 1 point. Blah

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 3 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Just wondering, why would they possibly be travel (any more so than say asking if supermarkets get the 2% travel)?  Are some similar things counted that way?

Message 4 of 11
Networth
Frequent Contributor

When going to a grocery story I am purchasing food/retail items. When I visit a theme park I am on vacation, traveling.  I did see the Freedom has a 5% on theme park tickets quarter but I am not sure I want to apply for that right now. 

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 5 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I live 30 minutes from Disneyland and I wouldn't consider that traveling. Also, I can buy dog food at the grocery store and I know I wouldn't order that in a restaurant. Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 11
Networth
Frequent Contributor

Unfortunately I do not live 30 min's away from Disney World. I do live in Florida though(got to love the Fl resident rate) so I must travel 3 hours to visit Smiley Sad. Does Disneyland do that for California residents rates Lexie(just wondering)? There is a restaurant in NYC that does serve dog food believe it or not lol Smiley Very Happy. Oh well one of the few things I don't get bonus points on guess(unless I get a Freedom).

TU 813 EX 809 EQ 812
Message 7 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Yes, Disneyland offers a So Ca rate but I think its only for annual passes now. Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Networth wrote:

When going to a grocery story I am purchasing food/retail items. When I visit a theme park I am on vacation, traveling.  I did see the Freedom has a 5% on theme park tickets quarter but I am not sure I want to apply for that right now. 

And when you are on vacation, you might visit a grocery store to buy food, and you are still travelling!  .  I just found theme park admission a stretch, as your reasoning could encompass lots of things (I could visit musuems, concerts, movies etc on vacation as well)  But I guess Chase answered your question.

Message 9 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
Yes, Disneyland offers a So Ca rate but I think its only for annual passes now. Smiley Sad

OT, but last I checked the annual pass was so cheap anyway that it only takes like 2-3 visits to make up for it?  I don't have kids (or even married yet) but thinking living in LA county if I do, will likely go down that route.

        
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.