CSP 40k point bonus

tag
skigirl916
Established Contributor

Re: CSP 40k point bonus

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Dbadup wrote:

I didnt even know about the cash option.. I guess thats going to be my route!!! Since i fly for free on United, i dont really need miles. and reduced on Lufthansa!

well i would look at hyatt redemptions at an andaz or park hyatt there is some really good value there. You could get more than 3 cpp probably staying at park hyatt in nyc, dc or philly probably. 

Neither of those cities fit in with my Ideologies unfortunately.

United miles go pretty far on hotels all over the world.  Cash just isn't the smart option if you ever plan on traveling EVER.

Message 51 of 81
Dbadup
New Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Dbadup wrote:

I didnt even know about the cash option.. I guess thats going to be my route!!! Since i fly for free on United, i dont really need miles. and reduced on Lufthansa!

well i would look at hyatt redemptions at an andaz or park hyatt there is some really good value there. You could get more than 3 cpp probably staying at park hyatt in nyc, dc or philly probably. 

Did I mention i have a rediculous rate at SPG hotels...Smiley Wink 

NASA 30K|| Citi 10.3K|| Discover 20K|| AmexSPG/Everyday 10k/3.6k|| NordstromV 7.5k|| Bloomies5k|| Barcl.65K|| Cap1 3.25k|| Jcrew 17.65K|| ChaseFree2K|| CSP 5k
Message 52 of 81
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@skigirl916 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i can confirm that 40K points ($400 cash) was loaded to my CSP account 2 days ago after I spent 5k on it. And I got this card for just one month. I was able to redeem it as cash to my checking account and use it for something else. The whole process was painless. I <3 Chase

Gah. Those points could have gone alot farther had you used them for somthing other than cash...

Like? Smiley Tongue

Well ur points are most valuable if you transfer to partners, you will get much better value closer to $1000

Which partners, In particular..

I know if I move them over to SWA I can get another ~$700 worth of airfare out of them.

Southwest, like you said.  Even if you don't go through the UR site, you could squeeze $1000 in airfare out of 40K points.  More if you do go through UR site.

Marriott.  $600 direct, more through UR site.

Hyatt.  Possibly $750 direct, more through UR site.

United.  (Hello upgrade to First Class on roundtrip to Hawaii from mainland.)

Those are some good ideas, i am not the biggest fan of transferring UR points to marriot because marriot points aren't worth all that much imo. I would rather transfer to hyatt for either park hyatt or andaz hotels. 

I think you can do united one way to Europe for less than 45k , I am still fan of business to Hawaii from east coast for 45k 

Yeah, I was just throwing ideas out there.

BF and I are going to Thailand in January (from Denver)... only thing, it's my treat.  So, we're flying coach.  Regretting that decision now...

From west coast its not as bad , but coach can be uncomfortable if you are bit taller . I flew emirates in septemeber when i went to thailand. What airline are you flying that can matter an bit. 

Air China.  Don't tell me anything bad.  Old friend flies it, it's the new B777-300ER.  Smiley Happy

I have never flown them before , they are pretty reasonably priced , emirates was an a380 :-) Thing was huge, how long is the flight from Colorado ?

I'm flying to SFO first. From SFO to Beijing is 11:45, then it's another 4-ish hours to Bangkok. It was longer direct to Germany this past summer.

Don't they do thai airways direct from LAX and SFO i am not sure , they don't do direct from JFK anymore, I used to take that when I was an kid. 

Thats not too bad only 15 hours or so , it was 22 for me to fly emirates to dubai and dubai to bkk when i went in september. Just so you know when you goto thailand they are cash country pretty much :-) 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 53 of 81
Dbadup
New Contributor

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Dbadup wrote:

Neither of those cities fit in with my Ideologies unfortunately.

United miles go pretty far on hotels all over the world.  Cash just isn't the smart option if you ever plan on traveling EVER.

well what to do when a round trip to dubai cost $45... business and first may cost 300 I think? I travel but dont need miles.

NASA 30K|| Citi 10.3K|| Discover 20K|| AmexSPG/Everyday 10k/3.6k|| NordstromV 7.5k|| Bloomies5k|| Barcl.65K|| Cap1 3.25k|| Jcrew 17.65K|| ChaseFree2K|| CSP 5k
Message 54 of 81
Dbadup
New Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i can confirm that 40K points ($400 cash) was loaded to my CSP account 2 days ago after I spent 5k on it. And I got this card for just one month. I was able to redeem it as cash to my checking account and use it for something else. The whole process was painless. I <3 Chase

Gah. Those points could have gone alot farther had you used them for somthing other than cash...

Like? Smiley Tongue

Well ur points are most valuable if you transfer to partners, you will get much better value closer to $1000

I know if I move them over to SWA I can get another ~$700 worth of airfare out of them.

Southwest, like you said.  Even if you don't go through the UR site, you could squeeze $1000 in airfare out of 40K points.  More if you do go through UR site.

Those are some good ideas, i am not the biggest fan of transferring UR points to marriot because marriot points aren't worth all that much imo. I would rather transfer to hyatt for either park hyatt or andaz hotels. 

I think you can do united one way to Europe for less than 45k , I am still fan of business to Hawaii from east coast for 45k 

BF and I are going to Thailand in January (from Denver)... only thing, it's my treat.  So, we're flying coach.  Regretting that decision now...

From west coast its not as bad , but coach can be uncomfortable if you are bit taller . I flew emirates in septemeber when i went to thailand. What airline are you flying that can matter an bit. 

Air China.  Don't tell me anything bad.  Old friend flies it, it's the new B777-300ER.  Smiley Happy

I have never flown them before , they are pretty reasonably priced , emirates was an a380 :-) Thing was huge, how long is the flight from Colorado ?

I'm flying to SFO first. From SFO to Beijing is 11:45, then it's another 4-ish hours to Bangkok. It was longer direct to Germany this past summer.

Don't they do thai airways direct from LAX and SFO i am not sure , they don't do direct from JFK anymore, I used to take that when I was an kid. 

Thats not too bad only 15 hours or so , it was 22 for me to fly emirates to dubai and dubai to bkk when i went in september. Just so you know when you goto thailand they are cash country pretty much :-) 

I did EWR to BKK and it was 20 hrs of flight time.... 14 to nrt then 6 to bkk. Wont be doing that again> EVER

Message 55 of 81
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Dbadup wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Like? Smiley Tongue

I did EWR to BKK and it was 20 hrs of flight time.... 14 to nrt then 6 to bkk. Wont be doing that again> EVER

I used to do JFK to tokyo to BKK on JAL before not fun :-( but emirates was even longer flight lol. I don't know if i would want to do that again. My next trip to BKK maybe business or first on KA that should make the trip an little more enjoyable. 

Message 56 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just talked to the wife about the CSP and potential redemption options. No go as of now but i'm working on her, Lol.

Message 57 of 81
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just talked to the wife about the CSP and potential redemption options. No go as of now but i'm working on her, Lol.

maybe you could ease her into it by first getting an freedom lol

Message 58 of 81
skigirl916
Established Contributor

I'm all sorts of confused on my flight.  I'm not on Air China going through Beijing.  I'm on United, going through Seoul.  

Dangit.  How did that happen?  I totally had mental plans to go through Beijing to see a family member teaching English there.  

Are used UR points non-refundable?  Should probably hop over to FT to get help.  

Message 59 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

maybe you could ease her into it by first getting an freedom lol

She has one from her App-o-rama from back in May.

Message 60 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.