skigirl916
Established Contributor

Re: CSP 40k point bonus

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i can confirm that 40K points ($400 cash) was loaded to my CSP account 2 days ago after I spent 5k on it. And I got this card for just one month. I was able to redeem it as cash to my checking account and use it for something else. The whole process was painless. I <3 Chase

Gah. Those points could have gone alot farther had you used them for somthing other than cash...

Like? Smiley Tongue

Well ur points are most valuable if you transfer to partners, you will get much better value closer to $1000

Which partners, In particular..

I know if I move them over to SWA I can get another ~$700 worth of airfare out of them.

Southwest, like you said.  Even if you don't go through the UR site, you could squeeze $1000 in airfare out of 40K points.  More if you do go through UR site.

Marriott.  $600 direct, more through UR site.

Hyatt.  Possibly $750 direct, more through UR site.

United.  (Hello upgrade to First Class on roundtrip to Hawaii from mainland.)

Message 11 of 81
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i can confirm that 40K points ($400 cash) was loaded to my CSP account 2 days ago after I spent 5k on it. And I got this card for just one month. I was able to redeem it as cash to my checking account and use it for something else. The whole process was painless. I <3 Chase

Gah. Those points could have gone alot farther had you used them for somthing other than cash...

Like? Smiley Tongue

Well ur points are most valuable if you transfer to partners, you will get much better value closer to $1000

I know if I move them over to SWA I can get another ~$700 worth of airfare out of them.

Hmmm i guess my message didn't post, trying to type on phone isn't optimal. Ok off top of my head 45k RT business from East coast US to Maui on delta via korean air. That is an pretty decent value since that flight normally would cost around 3000 USD. That is some pretty good value there. If you wanted to stay at one of the park hyatt hotels there could be some decent value. Much better then 450 dollars worth. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 12 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Like? Smiley Tongue

Hmmm i guess my message didn't post, trying to type on phone isn't optimal. Ok off top of my head 45k RT business from East coast US to Maui on delta via korean air. That is an pretty decent value since that flight normally would cost around 3000 USD. That is some pretty good value there. If you wanted to stay at one of the park hyatt hotels there could be some decent value. Much better then 450 dollars worth. 

Are you serious? 7c per point?!

Message 13 of 81
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Like? Smiley Tongue

Southwest, like you said.  Even if you don't go through the UR site, you could squeeze $1000 in airfare out of 40K points.  More if you do go through UR site.

Marriott.  $600 direct, more through UR site.

Hyatt.  Possibly $750 direct, more through UR site.

United.  (Hello upgrade to First Class on roundtrip to Hawaii from mainland.)

Those are some good ideas, i am not the biggest fan of transferring UR points to marriot because marriot points aren't worth all that much imo. I would rather transfer to hyatt for either park hyatt or andaz hotels. 

I think you can do united one way to Europe for less than 45k , I am still fan of business to Hawaii from east coast for 45k 

Message 14 of 81
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Like? Smiley Tongue

The higher class of ticket you go for the better value there is. For example i have an fair amount of UR saved up , my friend is probably getting married in thailand in 2016 probably. I may use 170k UR for an first class flight on korean air from JFK to BKK. Its normally an 19k + flight, its like 11 cpp value. You just have to look around and find best value for where you want to go. 

Message 15 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Like? Smiley Tongue

The higher class of ticket you go for the better value there is. For example i have an fair amount of UR saved up , my friend is probably getting married in thailand in 2016 probably. I may use 170k UR for an first class flight on korean air from JFK to BKK. Its normally an 19k + flight, its like 11 cpp value. You just have to look around and find best value for where you want to go. 

Very nice.

I guess if I were going on a 15+hr plane ride i'd want to go first class too.

Message 16 of 81
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Like? Smiley Tongue

Very nice.

From east coast its an 20+ hour flight haha. You just need to find some good value. There are an lot of nice ways to use UR points for more than 2+ cpp. Transferring to UAL could be interesting for 1 way to Europe. 

In general if you apply for CSP I would be using UR points to redeem for travel that is what the card is for :-)

Message 17 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Very nice.

From east coast its an 20+ hour flight haha. You just need to find some good value. There are an lot of nice ways to use UR points for more than 2+ cpp. Transferring to UAL could be interesting for 1 way to Europe. 

In general if you apply for CSP I would be using UR points to redeem for travel that is what the card is for :-)

I already pestered the wife into apping for a US Airways WMC for 40,000 miles..She got instapproved for $7,500.. I might as well have her app for CSP as well, right? Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 81
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Very nice.

I already pestered the wife into apping for a US Airways WMC for 40,000 miles..She got instapproved for $7,500.. I might as well have her app for CSP as well, right? Smiley Wink

Haha well if you are looking to go on an trip where you need UR points yeah i would think about it. I just am really liking Korean Air points value right now for hawaii and far east , but its up to you where you are planning to go next :-)

Message 19 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Very nice.

Haha well if you are looking to go on an trip where you need UR points yeah i would think about it. I just am really liking Korean Air points value right now for hawaii and far east , but its up to you where you are planning to go next :-)

We'll see what she says when she gets home.

I'm about $300 from meeting the $3,000 spend on mine. 3 1/2 weeks after receiving it.

Message 20 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.