Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP 40k point bonus

tag
juggar
Contributor

Re: CSP 40k point bonus

Guys I just got this card as well, I will need to fly to Cancun(from ATL int'l) this upcoming January. I saw on the Chase rewards site it was only 293 for round trip and that translates into 29K points or so. 

Is that a good deal? I don't normally travel. 

Amex Green, Chase Freedom(7.5K), Nationwide Visa Signature(6K), Chase Sapphire Preferred(6k), Cap One VentureOne visa signature (5K) BoA Cash Rewards siggy (5K), BoA travel rewards visa siggy(5K) PayPal Extras Mastercard(5K), Capital One QuickSilver(2.25K) Newegg Preferred Account(2K), Citi Forward(3.4K), Dell Account(2K) Discover IT(2.4K), Chase Slate (1.5K) Citi Diamond Preferred ($800), BestBuy Mastercard ($1500),Bill-Me-Later(1.2K), ,Barclay Mastercard(2K). TigerDirect TigerPay(3.15K), Wal-mart credit card(3.9K), Amazon store card (2K)

equifax - 720, TU - 747, Exp - 734 - report date 11/24/2014
15+ inqs...
Message 21 of 81
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i can confirm that 40K points ($400 cash) was loaded to my CSP account 2 days ago after I spent 5k on it. And I got this card for just one month. I was able to redeem it as cash to my checking account and use it for something else. The whole process was painless. I <3 Chase

Gah. Those points could have gone alot farther had you used them for somthing other than cash...

Like? Smiley Tongue

Well ur points are most valuable if you transfer to partners, you will get much better value closer to $1000

Which partners, In particular..

I know if I move them over to SWA I can get another ~$700 worth of airfare out of them.

Southwest, like you said.  Even if you don't go through the UR site, you could squeeze $1000 in airfare out of 40K points.  More if you do go through UR site.

Marriott.  $600 direct, more through UR site.

Hyatt.  Possibly $750 direct, more through UR site.

United.  (Hello upgrade to First Class on roundtrip to Hawaii from mainland.)

Those are some good ideas, i am not the biggest fan of transferring UR points to marriot because marriot points aren't worth all that much imo. I would rather transfer to hyatt for either park hyatt or andaz hotels. 

I think you can do united one way to Europe for less than 45k , I am still fan of business to Hawaii from east coast for 45k 

Yeah, I was just throwing ideas out there.

BF and I are going to Thailand in January (from Denver)... only thing, it's my treat.  So, we're flying coach.  Regretting that decision now...

Message 22 of 81
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@juggar wrote:

Guys I just got this card as well, I will need to fly to Cancun(from ATL int'l) this upcoming January. I saw on the Chase rewards site it was only 293 for round trip and that translates into 29K points or so. 

Is that a good deal? I don't normally travel. 

Yes.  That's at least $100 cheaper than if you bought non-refundable from the discounted carriers/sites.

Message 23 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@skigirl916 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

i can confirm that 40K points ($400 cash) was loaded to my CSP account 2 days ago after I spent 5k on it. And I got this card for just one month. I was able to redeem it as cash to my checking account and use it for something else. The whole process was painless. I <3 Chase

Gah. Those points could have gone alot farther had you used them for somthing other than cash...

Like? Smiley Tongue

Well ur points are most valuable if you transfer to partners, you will get much better value closer to $1000

I know if I move them over to SWA I can get another ~$700 worth of airfare out of them.

Southwest, like you said.  Even if you don't go through the UR site, you could squeeze $1000 in airfare out of 40K points.  More if you do go through UR site.

Those are some good ideas, i am not the biggest fan of transferring UR points to marriot because marriot points aren't worth all that much imo. I would rather transfer to hyatt for either park hyatt or andaz hotels. 

I think you can do united one way to Europe for less than 45k , I am still fan of business to Hawaii from east coast for 45k 

BF and I are going to Thailand in January (from Denver)... only thing, it's my treat.  So, we're flying coach.  Regretting that decision now...

Yeah...I've never been on a flight that long, but I'm a larger guy and would NOT enjoy coach for 15+hrs, at all.

Message 24 of 81
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@skigirl916 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Like? Smiley Tongue

Yeah...I've never been on a flight that long, but I'm a larger guy and would NOT enjoy coach for 15+hrs, at all.

I'm tiny and he's only 5'9'' so we're okay.

Message 25 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think i'm gonna throw out the idea of a trip to Italy to the wife as bait and see if she bites as far as a CSP app goes.

Message 26 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want this card bad.  Planning trip to Hawaii in Spring and first class would be so nice especially because United flies nonstop to Honolulu from Washington DC (Dulles).  Have to get my EX score up first.  It's so tempting to pull the plug now but I would hate to get denied and half to wait again

Message 27 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I want this card bad.  Planning trip to Hawaii in Spring and first class would be so nice especially because United flies nonstop to Honolulu from Washington DC (Dulles).  Have to get my EX score up first.  It's so tempting to pull the plug now but I would hate to get denied and half to wait again

Freeze your EX and go for the kill!

Message 28 of 81
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You better act now and get the signup bonus now.  Upgrades go fast, and your trip is right around the corner. 

Message 29 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

Freezing my EQ might be a good idea.  Last time they pulled EQ and EX when I applied for the CSP. I Think I'll go for it tomorrow..  That trip is right around the corner.  Time goes fast.

Message 30 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.