Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP 4k spend

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP 4k spend

@wacdenney wrote:

I had a tough time meeting 3k by natural normal means.  I'm glad I got in when I did!

That's only $1,000/mo.

Message 11 of 31
Makersmark23
New Contributor

I'm pretty upset.  I finally decided to apply and found this.

it puts me a situation where I have to chase the rewards with extra spend.  Barclay Arrival+ was less sexy but it's certainly looking better now.

[img]http://s26.postimage.org/vht4qanid/Sallie_Mae_WMC.jpg[/img]
Message 12 of 31
Shock
Established Contributor

i kinda wish they would have done it before i applied. theres no way i would have applied for this card lol

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 13 of 31
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Makersmark23 wrote:

it puts me a situation where I have to chase the rewards with extra spend.  Barclay Arrival+ was less sexy but it's certainly looking better now.

Can't tell if you applied.  If you did, under the $3K offer, that should still hold.      

Also, didn't Arrival + increase its spend requiremetn a while back?

Message 14 of 31
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Makersmark23 wrote:

Can't tell if you applied.  If you did, under the $3K offer, that should still hold.      

Also, didn't Arrival + increase its spend requiremetn a while back?

I know nobody likes this increase in min spend, but I personally still find UR points to be worth more than Arrival or venture type points. Those cards to me are still just apply for signup bonus. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 15 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

4k is out of my budget, i might have to pass on this card. Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 31
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

4k is out of my budget, i might have to pass on this card. Smiley Sad

Yeah; I was lucky to get in during the 3k period, and also had some big travel to purchase. I'm at about $3.7k now in approx a month, so looking back $4k is possible but not always.

Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking maybe i can put an etsy auction for a bogus 4k product and pay it off with the CSP card. Then I just wire the money to bank account. They charge a 2.9% fee which is $119 but worth it if i get $500. 

Message 18 of 31
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was thinking maybe i can put an etsy auction for a bogus 4k product and pay it off with the CSP card. Then I just wire the money to bank account. They charge a 2.9% fee which is $119 but worth it if i get $500. 

I'd have thought 3 months of household spending would make up for a lion's share of the spending, plus dining, travel, and holiday shopping.

Also, remember there are options at your local grocery store.

Message 19 of 31
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

I tried to find the regular chase sapphire. Is that gone now, are you not able to downgrade anymore? and yes, could probably meet that spend using alternate paths + household expenditures! but wonder if you get the freedom, then go in branch later (like 6 months to year), if can still get lower spend option (how to pay rent with card) ugh,
Signature needs updating
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.