Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP 5 Card Rule - does AU count?

tag
psm
Contributor

CSP 5 Card Rule - does AU count?

I have 5 new cards in the last 24 months but two I am an AU on, not primary cardholder. I just got a Freedom and want to get a CSP some point soon. I burned Chase in a BK in 2003. I got an Amazon Visa with them in 2013 with a 4k limit, the Freedom I just got in June is a 5K limit. My other new cards have been 15k or higher and I am worried 1) Chase still has the BK as part of their internal scoring and will decline me and the 5 card limit tipping the scale /or 2) Chase will give me a small limit on the CSP and as many can attest your starting limit can be your limit for life with Chase.
Any input on the 5 cards rule and how new AU cards play in it, and if the BK in 2003 will even disappear from Chase's calculus about me. FWIW i have never been late on either the Amazon or Freedom and with the Freedom have been putting through 3K the past two months and PIF. Thanks!

08-2022: EQ 830, TU 834, EX 832 - total credit limit 230,000+
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP 5 Card Rule - does AU count?

@psm wrote:

I have 5 new cards in the last 24 months but two I am an AU on, not primary cardholder. I just got a Freedom and want to get a CSP some point soon. I burned Chase in a BK in 2003. I got an Amazon Visa with them in 2013 with a 4k limit, the Freedom I just got in June is a 5K limit. My other new cards have been 15k or higher and I am worried 1) Chase still has the BK as part of their internal scoring and will decline me and the 5 card limit tipping the scale /or 2) Chase will give me a small limit on the CSP and as many can attest your starting limit can be your limit for life with Chase.
Any input on the 5 cards rule and how new AU cards play in it, and if the BK in 2003 will even disappear from Chase's calculus about me. FWIW i have never been late on either the Amazon or Freedom and with the Freedom have been putting through 3K the past two months and PIF. Thanks!

From what I've read, AU accounts count towards the 5. With your other Chase approvals I don't think that the BK is playing that much of a role but that doesn't mean you won't have reached an internal limit with them.  Only way to know for sure is to apply.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife just got an auto decline for freedom earlier this month. When she called they said she had 6 new accounts in last two years, she said only 4 were her accounts and two were au and she was approved on recon.
Message 3 of 6
psm
Contributor

Thanks for the replies.  I burned them for $6500 in BK in 2003 and I just think that really holds down my limits with Chase. But then again maybe they are just conservative on limits. I can always close my Amazon and transfer limit if they give me something very low. Once i have mapped out how to meet the spend for the 40K I think I will go for it. 

08-2022: EQ 830, TU 834, EX 832 - total credit limit 230,000+
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My wife just got an auto decline for freedom earlier this month. When she called they said she had 6 new accounts in last two years, she said only 4 were her accounts and two were au and she was approved on recon.

Oooh, that's interesting...

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The BK is old and if you already have a "Chase" card with them, then BK wont be an issue.  Like the other post said, if you need to recon, you can say the 2 you have are AU accounts.  The minimum CL for CSP is $5k, i dont think you can get a lower limit than that.

Good luck if you apply!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.