Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP 55k Offer?

tag
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Re: CSP 55k Offer?

I sent a message as well to ask about receiving the additional points.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 11 of 35
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

Well, let's see but I can certainly see them denying it.  This differs from the Freedom case because:

a) The offer comes from a special link, for Freedom it is the public offer that has been updated

b) The offer terms are different.  It's possible that they will give you the extra points with the extra AF (although waived for the first year).

This is like several issuers who have a range of offers that differ in cashback, APR, 0% intro period etc, you cannot pick and choose the best bits of each!

Message 12 of 35
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

Well, let's see but I can certainly see them denying it.  This differs from the Freedom case because:

a) The offer comes from a special link, for Freedom it is the public offer that has been updated

b) The offer terms are different.  It's possible that they will give you the extra points with the extra AF (although waived for the first year).

This is like several issuers who have a range of offers that differ in cashback, APR, 0% intro period etc, you cannot pick and choose the best bits of each!

I'm actually quite prepared for them to say "No".  I figured it can't hurt to ask Smiley Wink

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 13 of 35
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

But then there is the regular CSP with the $95 AF and that still has a public link and is offering the 5k UR points for an AU, I see them honoring that one over the 10k UR $125 AF CSP

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/sapphire-preferred-card.aspx?CELL=63WS&inkcashsplit=1&ink...

(Under offer details)

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 14 of 35
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Thanks ac921ol.  I did see you mention that one.  Maybe I'll have better luck going that route.

Message 15 of 35
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@ac921ol wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

But then there is the regular CSP with the $95 AF and that still has a public link and is offering the 5k UR points for an AU, I see them honoring that one over the 10k UR $125 AF CSP

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/sapphire-preferred-card.aspx?CELL=63WS&inkcashsplit=1&ink...

(Under offer details)

Oh, don't see an issue with them honoring the AU stuff on that.  I meant the 50K without increasing the AF.

Message 16 of 35
Hooosier
Contributor

I just applied for the CSP for my wife using this 55K points offer.  Does anyone know how long the card must be open before we can downgrade it to a Freedom (or something else) to avoid the annual fee?

Message 17 of 35
enharu
Super Contributor

@Hooosier wrote:

I just applied for the CSP for my wife using this 55K points offer.  Does anyone know how long the card must be open before we can downgrade it to a Freedom (or something else) to avoid the annual fee?

1 year

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 18 of 35
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 19 of 35
Hooosier
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@ Hoosier

With 3 Freedoms, why a 4th?

The 3 Freedoms are in my name, so I figure one in hers could make sense.  I don't think we need CSP's in both of our names with the annual fees so downgrading to a Freedom would save us paying the annual fee while still reaping the benefits of the sign-up bonus.  Do you think there is another option I should consider?

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.