Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP 7% Bonus

tag
withaspark
Contributor

CSP 7% Bonus

I've heard a lot of uncertainty about the topic, so I thought I'd add a datapoint for those those that haven't gone after the 40,000 Chase Sapphire Preferred offer.

Many have said that Chase is no longer offering the 7% year points bonus on the signup bonus--only spend. Well in my February statement my bonus was over 3,000 UR points, and I certainly haven't spent anything near $45,000 since I opened the card in August. Hope others' experiences are as good.

Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP 7% Bonus

@withaspark wrote:

I've heard a lot of uncertainty about the topic, so I thought I'd add a datapoint for those those that haven't gone after the 40,000 Chase Sapphire Preferred offer.

Many have said that Chase is no longer offering the 7% year points bonus on the signup bonus--only spend. Well in my February statement my bonus was over 3,000 UR points, and I certainly haven't spent anything near $45,000 since I opened the card in August. Hope others' experiences are as good.

From the reports I have seen on Flyertalk it is definitly hit or miss

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 2 of 49
thom02099
Valued Contributor

From their website:  (https://creditcards.chase.com/sapphire/credit-card-benefits/chase-sapphire-preferred-benefits/ )

7% Annual Points Dividend*

Chase Sapphire PreferredSM will automatically award you a 7% Annual Points Dividend on all new points earned on purchases throughout the year – even points you have redeemed.

This, in effect, is an advertisement for additional benefits.  To fail to provide could be problematic for Chase if they don't.  And if they don't, I think a member should call them out on it and ask for them! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 49
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@thom02099 wrote:

From their website:  (https://creditcards.chase.com/sapphire/credit-card-benefits/chase-sapphire-preferred-benefits/ )

7% Annual Points Dividend*

Chase Sapphire PreferredSM will automatically award you a 7% Annual Points Dividend on all new points earned on purchases throughout the year – even points you have redeemed.

This, in effect, is an advertisement for additional benefits.  To fail to provide could be problematic for Chase if they don't.  And if they don't, I think a member should call them out on it and ask for them! Smiley Happy

Notice the highlighted point, in the T&Cs for the cards it specifically addresses that bonus points don't count towards the 7% annual dividend, although many people have reported getting the 7% bonus on it.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 4 of 49
kekrre
Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

@withaspark wrote:

From the reports I have seen on Flyertalk it is definitly hit or miss

Miss, for me. Oh well.

|||||||
Message 5 of 49
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Did you use the UR Mall much?  if so did you get the 7% on bonus points earned thru it?

Message 6 of 49
Open123
Super Contributor

I received 7% of all points including the signing bonus.  I app'ed for the card in Feb when it was 50K, but not sure if the time frame makes any difference.

Message 7 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

May be a dumb question, but where do you see your 7% dividend itemized?  I just reviewed my last few statements around my 12 month mark and around the end of the calendar year and I don't see anything.

Thanks!

Message 8 of 49
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

May be a dumb question, but where do you see your 7% dividend itemized?  I just reviewed my last few statements around my 12 month mark and around the end of the calendar year and I don't see anything.

Thanks!

It will be on your February statement

Message 9 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ryanbush wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

It will be on your February statement

Message 10 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.