Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP 7% Bonus

tag
londonhogfan
Contributor

Re: CSP 7% Bonus

if you apply for the CSP but are turned down is there any way to turn that HP into a freedom app or is it going to cost you another?

I'll be in the garden... FICO Score | TU-08: 732 in May 2013
Message 41 of 49
oracles
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@Creditseeker93 wrote:

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

I got the 7% on my signup bonus as well!

How much is that? 2800 pointS/$$28?

3,500 points if you were lucky enough to get the 50k signup bonus. Those 3,500 points are worth $100+ to me, so it's a nice surprise.

Holy cow!!!  How do you make you're points worth that much?

As a rule, I don't redeem UR points for anything less than 3 cpp. This pretty much limits me to certain United flight purchases and luxury Hyatt hotel stays.

You have a much higher threshold for redeeming points than I do. Typically I'll redeem at 2 cpp or higher, but I don't think I could hold out for 3.

What is cpp?

Message 42 of 49
rkinnahan
New Contributor

@ElMayimbe wrote:

Anyone know how Chase is with baddies and the CSP?

I was just insta-approved for the CSP with some baddies.  I applied on a whim and didn't think I'd be approved.  I was happily surprised.

4 30 day lates (pre 2009)

1 CO from 2009

Clean profile since, PIF, 95k income

Chase Sapphire Preferred $12k | Chase Freedom $7k | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer $15k | Chase Hyatt Visa $11.8k | Chase Amazon Visa $3k | Citi TY Premier $8.5k | Amex SPG $13.5k | Amex HHonors $5k | Discover IT $9k | BofA Cash Rewards $6k | BofA BB Rewards $2.7k | Banana Republic Visa $3k
Message 43 of 49
oracles
Valued Contributor

@oracles wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@Creditseeker93 wrote:

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

I got the 7% on my signup bonus as well!

How much is that? 2800 pointS/$$28?

3,500 points if you were lucky enough to get the 50k signup bonus. Those 3,500 points are worth $100+ to me, so it's a nice surprise.

Holy cow!!!  How do you make you're points worth that much?

As a rule, I don't redeem UR points for anything less than 3 cpp. This pretty much limits me to certain United flight purchases and luxury Hyatt hotel stays.

You have a much higher threshold for redeeming points than I do. Typically I'll redeem at 2 cpp or higher, but I don't think I could hold out for 3.

Anyone can answer what is cpp?

Message 44 of 49
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

I assumed that cpp = cents per point

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 45 of 49
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Cpp = cents per point. It's a way of measuring value of different point currencies. You may also see cpm which is cents per mile.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 46 of 49
oracles
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:
Cpp = cents per point. It's a way of measuring value of different point currencies. You may also see cpm which is cents per mile.

Forgive me for my ignorance, but can you or someone give examples of how you come up with this calculation of cpp or cpm.

thanks

Message 47 of 49
withaspark
Contributor

@oracles wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

Forgive me for my ignorance, but can you or someone give examples of how you come up with this calculation of cpp or cpm.

thanks

As an example, say I use 25k miles for a plane ticket that usually costs me $500 (or would cost me $500 to buy on expedia right now, or I would only be willing to spend $500 to fly from MIA to LAX etc.--see how subjective?).

$500 / 25,000 miles = 0.02$/mile or 2 cents/mile

Message 48 of 49
oracles
Valued Contributor

@withaspark wrote:

@oracles wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

thanks

As an example, say I use 25k miles for a plane ticket that usually costs me $500 (or would cost me $500 to buy on expedia right now, or I would only be willing to spend $500 to fly from MIA to LAX etc.--see how subjective?).

$500 / 25,000 miles = 0.02$/mile or 2 cents/mile

AHHHHHHHHHHH ok great, now i understand, thank you so much

Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.