cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP 7% gone for new applicants. Available for 2 more years for current card members.

tag
UTK_GOBO
Valued Member

Re: CSP 7% gone

@heyarrnold wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@UTK_GOBO wrote:

Unless you spend a lot on the card, the 7% annual point dividend isn't all that much. The new benefits I could care less. I already receive them through my United Explorer card. 

I agreee, I feel it still an really good starter travel card. Still has decent signup bonus almost 50k, and they have an lot of travel partners. Not everybody has access to the ink cards where you need an business. 

That is true! 

Well, I was approved for my Ink without yet having a business. The business will not be under my name until the end of this year. Approved without a problem. So it depends I think Smiley Happy

Getting a business card is not as hard as you think. It just depend on what's your definition of a business. Smiley Wink

A lot of people think CSP is a great travel card. To me unless you can make use of those points by transfering them to partners, there is no reason why you should pay $95 for it. 

I have way too many cards ...
Message 21 of 28
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@UTK_GOBO wrote:

Unless you spend a lot on the card, the 7% annual point dividend isn't all that much. The new benefits I could care less. I already receive them through my United Explorer card. 

I agreee, I feel it still an really good starter travel card. Still has decent signup bonus almost 50k, and they have an lot of travel partners. Not everybody has access to the ink cards where you need an business. 

That is true! 

Well, I was approved for my Ink without yet having a business. The business will not be under my name until the end of this year. Approved without a problem. So it depends I think Smiley Happy

For me I don't want to risk it , I will just use my CSP as everyday spend card, when gas and groceries arent being covered by SM or BCP.Its fine for me, i don't put an whole lot in spending maybe 4k an month . 

That's true. I was feeling lucky since it was my 21st birthday, April of this year, and decided to go for it lol.

So far i am pretty happy with my CSP card, i stupidly spend my 150 dollar credit with my freedom for cash :-( It was before i planned on getting CSP:-(. Well at the time I got my freedom i didnt think i had any shot of getting CSP to begin with. 

Now that i have my CSP i am trying to decide how to use some points i accumulated. I am thinking of trip to westcoast or maybe hawaii. Trying to figure out which is best transfer partner to go with :-(

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 22 of 28
rudy0720
Regular Contributor

Yep, just had my anniversary and nothing Smiley Sad

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Message 23 of 28
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@rudy0720 wrote:

You should still be receiving it since you're not a new cardholder. Perhaps it's a month behind!

Message 24 of 28
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

CSP discontinuing 7% dividend?

Got an email this am from Wallaby...is Chase really dropping the 7% annual bonus? Apparently older cards are grandfathered in.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 25 of 28
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CSP discontinuing 7% dividend?

Message 26 of 28
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: CSP discontinuing 7% dividend?

@revvystoke wrote:

Got an email this am from Wallaby...is Chase really dropping the 7% annual bonus? Apparently older cards are grandfathered in.

May need to change title to discontinued to new applicants as of yesterday, monday. Two more years for current card holders. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 27 of 28
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

@rudy0720 wrote:

It's caluculated annually at the beginning of the year.  You should get one around the February timeframe, not yearly around when the card was opened, which means you should have gotten one this past February/March for half a year of spending.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.