cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP AU 5000 Bonus- Does online purchase qualify?

tag
vwgrrc
Regular Contributor

CSP AU 5000 Bonus- Does online purchase qualify?

Since the AU card has exact same information as the primary card except the name on card, I wonder how does Chase know an online purchase was made with the AU card?

I understand the name on card matters if you physically swipe the card. The name would most likely be on the receipt. But I'm not sure if name matters for online purchase. For a few times, I have deliberately input another person name with my CC information (for some reasons) without any problem. That makes me think the name on card is not an value to be reported to the CC issuer. So if I use the AU card to purchase flight ticket online, is that the same as using the primary card? Can I still get the 5000 bonus points?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CSP AU 5000 Bonus- Does online purchase qualify?

Don't even have to use it and you will get the bonus if you put someone on it during the first 3 months.   Unless something has changed, but doubtful

Message 2 of 8
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Don't even have to use it and you will get the bonus if you put someone on it during the first 3 months.   Unless something has changed, but doubtful

Message 3 of 8
vwgrrc
Regular Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Are you sure about this? T&C says "To qualify for and receive your bonus, your First Purchase and addition of an authorized user to your account must both occur during the first 3 months from account opening."

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The purchase that has to be made doesnt have to do with the AU card.   You earn the 5K bonus when you make your first purchase and add an authorized user.  Doesnt matter whch card or whether it's online or not.  But you do need to make at least one purchase which of course you'll do anyways to meet the main bonus.
Message 5 of 8
vwgrrc
Regular Contributor

Oh thank you so much! I guess I didn't read carefully. It means simply first purchase not first purchase on AU... Question answered!

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vwgrrc wrote:

Oh thank you so much! I guess I didn't read carefully. It means simply first purchase not first purchase on AU... Question answered!

First time I ever read it, I thought the same as you.  Their wording isn't initially very clear.

Message 7 of 8
dragontears
Senior Contributor

I can confirm that you don’t have to use the AU card to get the bonus. My CSP is less than 3 months old and I have not given the card to the AU I added (it has not been swiped/used at all) and I got the bonus
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.