Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP AU 5000 point bonus?

tag
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

Re: CSP AU 5000 point bonus?

Do you have to request the authorized user immediately after getting the card or can you get this bonus at anytime? I ask because I've had both my CSP and Freedom for  less than a year and I just added my DH to both as an authorized user. Should I call to redeem these points?

Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 11 of 14
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@jennylocha wrote:

Do you have to request the authorized user immediately after getting the card or can you get this bonus at anytime? I ask because I've had both my CSP and Freedom for  less than a year and I just added my DH to both as an authorized user. Should I call to redeem these points?

It will not hurt to secure message on the CSP regarding the 5k point offer. Smiley Wink GL!

Message 12 of 14
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@jennylocha wrote:

It will not hurt to secure message on the CSP regarding the 5k point offer. Smiley Wink GL!

Yes, it won't hurt, but I'm pretty sure the AU has to be added within the first 3 months of account opening to qualify for the bonus.

Message 13 of 14
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

It depends on the terms you had when you signed up. Usually you have 3 months from opening to add an AU and make a purchase to get the bonus. I added my brother to my Freedom and confirmed through SM that I will be awarded the points at my statement even though I used my card (his is still in the envelope).

I also know that Chase will change your sign up bonus if a better one comes up within 90 days of your sign up date and you ask nicely. Discover flat out refuses to do anything remotely close to this; I'm not sure if other lenders offer it either.
QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.