Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Attention

tag
2011beginnings
Frequent Contributor

CSP Attention

Today, I went through Wendy's drive they and ordered my usual grilled chicken combo. When I get to the first window to pay, I hand the cashier my card. She takes it, slides it and then decides to question me. Literally.

Asking me how I got the card? Is there a number to call? How she "needs" to get herself a Chase and just literally HOLDING on to my card while this is going on.

Meanwhile, I just want my card, food and to go. I guess the whole appeal of the CSP is that it's just a means of paying for me but she took it way too seriously.

In an effort to be polite and get my card back, I said um I'm not sure but have a good day! Haha
PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
mcf
Contributor

Re: CSP Attention

OHHH Man why not help her out? You got help im sure. Put her next time on the right track! That is funny though haha..

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 30
GoldenloveNY
Frequent Contributor

Wow. She was so close to holding your CSP hostage. Poor girl. :/

Citi Double Cash: $1,000
Capital One Secured: $500
Capital One Savor One: $1,650
Amex Gold- NPSL.
Amex Platinum- NPSL.
Amex Delta Gold: $1,000
Best Buy Store Credit Card: $2,000
Amazon Store Credit Card: $6,000
Verizon Visa Card: $2,000

Bj's Perks Elite Mastercard: $2,300

Merrick Credit Card: $1,400
First Savings Credit Card: $1,250
Message 3 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

I've had a few people asked me as well. The card is dinstinctive in the way that its a lot heavier than normal cards due to the metal core.

I usually tell them to just apply in the branch if they ask, but most of them seem to remember about this card from the TV ads Chase was advertising.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 30
2011beginnings
Frequent Contributor

I live in NC and we don't have Chase locations here so I guess seeing one was a little out of the ordinary. I work for a major technology company and hardly ever see them myself haha.
PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Message 5 of 30
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@2011beginnings wrote:
Today, I went through Wendy's drive they and ordered my usual grilled chicken combo. When I get to the first window to pay, I hand the cashier my card. She takes it, slides it and then decides to question me. Literally.

Asking me how I got the card? Is there a number to call? How she "needs" to get herself a Chase and just literally HOLDING on to my card while this is going on.

Meanwhile, I just want my card, food and to go. I guess the whole appeal of the CSP is that it's just a means of paying for me but she took it way too seriously.

In an effort to be polite and get my card back, I said um I'm not sure but have a good day! Haha

I don't think a drive-thru window is the proper venue for financial advice...lol...Smiley Very Happy!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 6 of 30
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@2011beginnings wrote:

You should tell her to visit myfico.com lol

Anyway, when I was at Nordstorm, this cashier dude kept looking at it and asked me if it's a metal, I said yes. I know they see a lot of card at Nordstorm, but a CSP is still special.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 7 of 30
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Today I was at the vet inside Petsmart buying some heartworm meds and the receptionist commented on how nice my CSP was! She noted that it was very "substantial" lol.

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 8 of 30
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@mcf wrote:

OHHH Man why not help her out? You got help im sure. Put her next time on the right track! That is funny though haha..

Yea pay it forward!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Tongue

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 30
TM82
Regular Contributor

While at first it got attention, it's reached enough of a market penetration that it doesn't attract nearly as much attention anymore, but maybe it's because I live in the NY/NJ area where Chase branches are on every corner. 

The Palladium on the other hand...

My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.