cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP,BCP and IT - What are my Chances?

tag
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP,BCP and IT - What are my Chances?

@unlucky wrote:

@ improvingmycredit - Below are my inquiries. 

1. Auto Loan - 10/11  - approved for 29K 3.49% APR. 

2. CC1 CLi (From 5K to 10K) - 06/12

3. BOA Signature Visa  - 06/12

4. Apartment Rental Office - 12/12

Thank you.

Your inqs look good.  Looks like only one inq is really affect your FICO and your profile looks pretty good excluding the high utility.

If you have and extra 2K to throw at that 10K card, then do it and app for the cards you want excluding the Slate.

After the subsequent approvals, wait 3-4 months then app the BT cards listed.  I want to add one more BT card to the mix also... look at the FNB of Omaha cards for the BT too.

If you don't have the 2K to reduce the utility immediately, then app these cards in this order:

CSP

Amex

Discover  (The discover has a great BT offer going right now too and you might get the CL needed to take care of your 0% with this app but with current utility, likely not but I've seen Discover do some crazy things with CLs)  If you don't get approved for 6K or more, then call and recon the CL.  

My thoughts... CSP will likely pull EX or EQ/ Amex will likely pull EX and possibly TU/ Discover will pull TU or EQ

Any way with the apps, the likely result will be no more then 2 inqs on any given CSR with me guessing at least 2 approvals but more than likely 3 with the CSP being the one that might give you trouble.  ( i still think approval though )

Once the new credit lines are reporting for a good 3-4 months, get the BT card at 0% and pay that sucker off.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 11 of 15
Luscher
Valued Contributor

get your util down and you can get all of them
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 12 of 15
unlucky

Thanks for the advice guys.. i plan on getting the util down to 15% and then apply.. Hopefully that should increase my score as well. Smiley Happy

Starting FICO Score: 01/11: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Score: 08/13: TU: 722 (Walmart) | EQ: 721
Message 13 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 14 of 15
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Yes it should! Good plan

It's always a good plain to pay off your debt if you can immediately.  Getting your utility to 30% instead of 15% will be enough though -  to your question of your approval odds... your chances with all are very good right now and will almost assuredly increase your fico almost immediately through the reduction of utility sans the reduction on AAoA.  If you can reduce your APR now or in a few months on your debt to 0%, increase your available credit and improve your FICO pretty quickly all the while leaving some money in your bank account, why would you want to wait?  Just saying... think about it.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.