Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP - Bonus Spend

tag
CreditMENA
New Contributor

CSP - Bonus Spend

Hey all...so my significant other has been interested in acquiring a travel card (namely a CSP) to compliment her Chase Freedom but is apprehensive due to the $4,000 in 3 month spend requirement. I came up with an idea - I just want to run it by you guys to make sure I'm not missing something. Here's what I'm thinking:

She'll apply for the CSP and then add me as an authorized user. So not only will I be able to help her meet the spend requirements, but she'll also get an additional 5,000 points for adding me as an AU. Once she meets the spend and get's her bonus points, I get rid of the card. So, questions:

1) As a current CSP user, can I technically have a second one?

2) Will being added as an AU show up on my credit report? Will I be given an inquiry?

I hope this makes sense...let me know what you guys think!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CSP - Bonus Spend

@CreditMENA wrote:

Hey all...so my significant other has been interested in acquiring a travel card (namely a CSP) to compliment her Chase Freedom but is apprehensive due to the $4,000 in 3 month spend requirement. I came up with an idea - I just want to run it by you guys to make sure I'm not missing something. Here's what I'm thinking:

She'll apply for the CSP and then add me as an authorized user. So not only will I be able to help her meet the spend requirements, but she'll also get an additional 5,000 points for adding me as an AU. Once she meets the spend and get's her bonus points, I get rid of the card. So, questions:

2) Will being added as an AU show up on my credit report? Will I be given an inquiry?

1) Yes you will be fine

2) Yes it will show up on your CR, but you will not get an inquiry.

Added my Parents to mine to make it a slight bit easier, just make sure once she meets spend if you are an AU you don't cancel right away or you might get her into possible AA, keep it open for a yearish if you do it, otherwise everything else is good.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@CreditMENA wrote:

1) Yes you will be fine

2) Yes it will show up on your CR, but you will not get an inquiry.

Added my Parents to mine to make it a slight bit easier, just make sure once she meets spend if you are an AU you don't cancel right away or you might get her into possible AA, keep it open for a yearish if you do it, otherwise everything else is good.

+1000

Message 3 of 5
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

+1

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah dont make it obvious lol 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.