Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Bonus hit... Cash or?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

CSP Bonus hit... Cash or?

Before I go cash them for statement credit am I missing a killer bonus by using them elsewhere?

Rewards CardBalance 

Freedom (...9249)
7,452 pointsGo to Ultimate Rewards 

CREDIT CARD (...2828)
48,530 points

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: CSP Bonus hit... Cash or?

Since you have been here for 7 years I assume you know the value proposition of URs!  (which includes, try not to use them for statement credit)

Message 2 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Since you have been here for 7 years I assume you know the value proposition of URs!  (which includes, try not to use them for statement credit)

I mean I do read about it all the time but don't know if my head is wrapped around it completely.

I just checked to use them for a flight and it doesn't seem to be better then my cash option (but I would get a 1 point per dollar bonus? at year end?) is that the part I'm missing of why it's best not to use for cash is the bonuses that come later?

Message 3 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

The best values come from transferring them to partner programs (e.g. United or Hyatt)   rather than buying travel through the UR mall.  That is where you see "I got 5c per point" type stuff

Message 4 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

The best values come from transferring them to partner programs (e.g. United or Hyatt)   rather than buying travel through the UR mall.  That is where you see "I got 5c per point" type stuff

and if those airlines and hotel programs are of no use to us??

Message 5 of 19
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

CA are you on the West Coast? You could get two RT tickets to a Hawaiian Island by transferring 50k to Avios. Worth much more than 1 cent each that way.

Message 6 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

CA are you on the West Coast? You could get two RT tickets to a Hawaiian Island by transferring 50k to Avios. Worth much more than 1 cent each that way.

yes! tell me more Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 19
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

+1, Cashing out just gives you the 1c/pp value of the UR, which is still a decent chunk of change. But the UR points are worth much more by transfering them. 

Message 8 of 19
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Then take the statement credit and don't renew the card next year!

Message 9 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

yes! tell me more Smiley Tongue

I don't see Avios as option online?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.