Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Bonus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP Bonus

If I buy a TV that costs $3K, but for some reason I have to return the item back, what happens to the signup/spending bonus points? Anyone ever experience that? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MT936
Established Contributor

Re: CSP Bonus

The points from spending don't post until after the statement closes and I'm pretty sure they have the right to take back the bonus points or require you to pay it back 

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 2 of 8
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

I don't know how it is with Chase points,but with Citi, a rep told me that there were a lot of frauds with bonus miles with people buying items to get the miles and then when miles posted, they would return the item so now the rep told me that the miles post three months later.

In any case, maybe you should let Chase know and see what they tell you but there might also be something in your card agreement about it.  I do know that Chase is good at posting the bonus in your account, unlike Amex. 

Message 3 of 8
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I know that you can go negative with URs so it's not a great idea at all to do something deceitful like this.

Message 4 of 8
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

The points post at the end of the statement, however the T+C state that points will be taken back for refunded or returned items.

Message 5 of 8
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Pat94108 wrote:

I don't know how it is with Chase points,but with Citi, a rep told me that there were a lot of frauds with bonus miles with people buying items to get the miles and then when miles posted, they would return the item so now the rep told me that the miles post three months later.

In any case, maybe you should let Chase know and see what they tell you but there might also be something in your card agreement about it.  I do know that Chase is good at posting the bonus in your account, unlike Amex. 

My Citi AA Platinum Select sign up bonus miles posted when I hit the $1k spend on the 2nd statement and they even gave me an additional 10,000 miles making it 40,000miles for $1k. Everything posted within the statement it occured, I never had to wait the 3months but YMMV....

Message 6 of 8
Pat94108
Frequent Contributor

@pip3man wrote:

@Pat94108 wrote:

My Citi AA Platinum Select sign up bonus miles posted when I hit the $1k spend on the 2nd statement and they even gave me an additional 10,000 miles making it 40,000miles for $1k. Everything posted within the statement it occured, I never had to wait the 3months but YMMV....

Oh Thank you so much! I had wanted to hear about someone's else experience. I suspect and pray it will hit when my statement generates in a couple of days. Thank you again for sharing your experience! 

Message 7 of 8
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Pat94108 wrote:

@pip3man wrote:

@Pat94108 wrote:

Oh Thank you so much! I had wanted to hear about someone's else experience. I suspect and pray it will hit when my statement generates in a couple of days. Thank you again for sharing your experience! 

no probs buddy, thats what we all here... and yeah im pretty sure it will be the same experience for u as well. Now if u make a return I can't guarantee it would happen (cos I didn't) but provided everything is in order ur good to go. Enjoy those bonus miles Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.