Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP CH with PC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP CH with PC

I am a jpm/cpc but that has nothing to do with it. you are glossing over a step.  you have to pc or downgraded to a no af sapphire 1st and then pc to a cf or fu.  my gf just did this.  had 3 other friends do it as well to make urs after they got the csr last year.  follow the steps, get the results, its 1+1

I did try downgrading to the no af Sapphire when the first downgrade to the FU didn't work. My request was still declined. Maybe they noted my file as the first request downgrading to the FU and they then stopped all PC requests? No clue. Oh well, it shall remain a mystery and at least it all worked out in the end. 

Message 11 of 20
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I am a jpm/cpc but that has nothing to do with it. you are glossing over a step.  you have to pc or downgraded to a no af sapphire 1st and then pc to a cf or fu.  my gf just did this.  had 3 other friends do it as well to make urs after they got the csr last year.  follow the steps, get the results, its 1+1

I did try downgrading to the no af Sapphire when the first downgrade to the FU didn't work. My request was still declined. Maybe they noted my file as the first request downgrading to the FU and they then stopped all PC requests? No clue. Oh well, it shall remain a mystery and at least it all worked out in the end. 

@Anonymous but I am not getting the word 'try' in all this.  make sure you are @ zero on all chase cards.  call the sapphire # on the back of the csp and tell them you want to change to the no af version of the card.  that is all there is to it.  don't do anything else, just that single step.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous but I am not getting the word 'try' in all this.  make sure you are @ zero on all chase cards.  call the sapphire # on the back of the csp and tell them you want to change to the no af version of the card.  that is all there is to it.  don't do anything else, just that single step.

LOL, I did. Multiple times. Even went in branch. Perhaps it was because the AF for the CSP was waived the first year. I was not allowed to PC the card AT ALL, even to a regular no AF Sapphire. Don't know what else to say to this. 

Message 13 of 20
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL, I did. Multiple times. Even went in branch. Perhaps it was because the AF for the CSP was waived the first year. I was not allowed to PC the card AT ALL, even to a regular no AF Sapphire. Don't know what else to say to this. 

forgot the branch on this move they will have to call themselves, and forget the waived fee everyone gets that.  call the # on the back of the csp and tell them you want to get a no fee card.  I will just wait here while you do this

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

forgot the branch on this move they will have to call themselves, and forget the waived fee everyone gets that.  call the # on the back of the csp and tell them you want to get a no fee card.  I will just wait here while you do this

For the last time, I did call the number on the back of the card. And yes, I realize the AF is waived for all yr 1 CSP holders. I only went to the branch after I called the number on the back of my card not once, but twice. No product changes were allowed be it a downgrade to a Freedom or FU, a regular no AF Sapphire or an upgrade. I was flat out told multiple times that I had to wait for a year. Regardless, I was able to downgrade the card finally earlier this year once my CSP reached a year and 1 day old. That was my experience, really happy it worked out differently for you and others. 

Message 15 of 20
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

thought you were trying to do this now, my bad.  to0 bad, one reason to pc the csp stat is to reset the 2 year timer and bonus it again

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

thought you were trying to do this now, my bad.  to0 bad, one reason to pc the csp stat is to reset the 2 year timer and bonus it again

No worries. It was an extremly frustrating process and I'm really glad it's over! The only thing I can think of is my account was somehow tagged or flagged after my first call requesting a PC to the FU. When that was denied, I found this TPC article mentioning PC may not be allowed during the first year (second to last section)

https://thepointsguy.com/2016/10/when-to-request-credit-card-product-change/

After reading some of the comments at the bottom the article I called the next day and asked to downgrade to the no AF Sapphire. I recieved the same rejection. Maybe my account wasn't eligible for a PC back them, I'll never know. Other than that, I'm really happy with Chase and my now three cards with them Smiley Happy 

Message 17 of 20
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

No worries. It was an extremly frustrating process and I'm really glad it's over! The only thing I can think of is my account was somehow tagged or flagged after my first call requesting a PC to the FU. When that was denied, I found this TPC article mentioning PC may not be allowed during the first year (second to last section)

https://thepointsguy.com/2016/10/when-to-request-credit-card-product-change/

After reading some of the comments at the bottom the article I called the next day and asked to downgrade to the no AF Sapphire. I recieved the same rejection. Maybe my account wasn't eligible for a PC back them, I'll never know. Other than that, I'm really happy with Chase and my now three cards with them Smiley Happy 

I bet it was no fun.  never had anything but great luck with chase.  if you like their structure so much I am surprised you have not picked up an cip from them, the cell warranty alone pays the af.  nice way to get 85k and there is a 100k also floating around, ask your banker

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Ink Business Preferred? I'm currently over 5/24. I did not think that business cards fell under 5/24, but unfortunately they do, even with EIN. Smiley Sad 

Message 19 of 20
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase Ink Business Preferred? I'm currently over 5/24. I did not think that business cards fell under 5/24, but unfortunately they do, even with EIN. Smiley Sad 

been over 5/24 with 4 chase apps, never an issue in branch.  re the ink, just open a bus checking  ($ 200-300 bonus is around) and the ink cards should pop right up.   app and get it.  they are nuts for making sure the ein, ssn and bus name all match so take the pdf for the ein in with you.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.