Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP CLD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP CLD

Yep, just checked my credit karma. Says I got a decrease of 5k? Panicked, just checked chase and it's still at 12k. What could prompt this? 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP CLD

It's CreditKarma....

The same website that hounds me to pay a CC bill I took care of two weeks beforehand.
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know what CK's problem is lately, but they've been doing stuff like that all over the place. Last month, I got a notification that I had made two late payments on my credit cards (one on Chase and one on Barclays), neither of which was true (I PIFed the day after the statements cut). However, when CK did the update that added EQ to my credit report, they removed the "late" payments. Have you had the update yet? I suspect CK is having a lot of problems with accuracy with all the changes they're making.

Message 3 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Yep reported I missed a payment.. Site is junk other then Inquires and to get an idea when payment posts.

Message 4 of 23
kdm31091
Super Contributor

What's the advantage to checking if a payment posts via CK vs. just logging into the lender's actual website?

I do like CK for a couple things. Inquiries/when they will fall off, utilization percentage, that sort of stuff. For your basic account activities like payments, limits, whatever, I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Message 5 of 23
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@kdm31091 wrote:

What's the advantage to checking if a payment posts via CK vs. just logging into the lender's actual website?

I do like CK for a couple things. Inquiries/when they will fall off, utilization percentage, that sort of stuff. For your basic account activities like payments, limits, whatever, I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Just to figure out when it hits your CB, to make sure you can only really have one card reporting a balance ever..  Really the only point.  Once you figure out what day the lender reports I write it down and make sure I don't have balances on the days around that time, that is just me.

Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know. I think CK thinks my FRDM and CSP are the same card. So when my FRDM reports it'll show a CLD. When my CSP reports it will increase. 

Message 7 of 23
IgnatiusReilly
Regular Contributor

Credit Karma is drunk. My "scores" dropped 59 TU and 51 EQ. My util is 5%. Clean file. The only thing that changed was an auto CLI of $1200 to $9900 on an account. (Aside:$9900? They couldn't round up to 10k?) Scores here rose 5 pts. CK is free and you get what you pay for...
Message 8 of 23
scorewatcher7
Valued Member

I don't have CK. Do they provide credit report monitoring if you are a subscriber, (like myFico)? I ask because sometimes I think myFico gives empty alerts about score changes which prompts the user to pull a report for $13. Maybe CK is doing the same...

Message 9 of 23
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Well, CK is free. They don't do day-to-day monitoring like MyFICO does, but it updates every week with inquiries, accounts added or closed, etc etc. I like it, I mean for free you can't really complain. The score isn't a true FICO though, but it tends to be in the ballpark. I like CK for the inquiries/accounts added/that kind of stuff. For your actual payment info or whatever, it doesn't tend to be as helpful but again, it's free.

I have the MyFICO monitoring, and I already paid for a year, but I don't know about keeping it after a year. Honestly, you can get much of that for free now -- Discover's TU FICO is free, Citi just came out with a FICO score, etc, so there's not a huge need to pay for day to day monitoring unless you are watching for something specific. And yes, I have gotten occasional empty alerts from MyFICO, as if they want me to pull a report. Not happening.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.