Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP CLI Approved

tag
orl22
New Contributor

CSP CLI Approved

I applied for the CSP last month with a $5K limit. Although I was happy to be approved and with a pretty good limit, I wanted more. After I recieved my card, I called to request for a limit increase. Got a letter in the mail last week declining my request. Reason for the decline was

1. You have too many active accounts or too much available credit

2. You already have the maximum amount of credit we can offer you

I was debating whether to call for a recon or not. I finally did just now. The guy said that the primary reason for the denial was my credit history was too short. On TU, which was what they pulled, it is short but only b/c BOA isn't being reported which I opened in '93. The Walmart Discover was transfered from the regular Walmart card back in December '11. I twisted his arm and he reentered some information and saw the same thing that denied my request the first time. After some more arm twisting, he asked to put me on hold for a more detailed review. When he came back, he told me I was approved for $10K which was what I wanted.

On top of this, I also got approval over the weekend for Sam's Club Discover for $10K limit. That one was unexpected. I'm starting to learn that just b/c they tell you one thing, it doesn't mean that it can be reconsidered.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP CLI Approved

@orl22 wrote:

I applied for the CSP last month with a $5K limit. Although I was happy to be approved and with a pretty good limit, I wanted more. After I recieved my card, I called to request for a limit increase. Got a letter in the mail last week declining my request. Reason for the decline was

1. You have too many active accounts or too much available credit

2. You already have the maximum amount of credit we can offer you

I was debating whether to call for a recon or not. I finally did just now. The guy said that the primary reason for the denial was my credit history was too short. On TU, which was what they pulled, it is short but only b/c BOA isn't being reported which I opened in '93. The Walmart Discover was transfered from the regular Walmart card back in December '11. I twisted his arm and he reentered some information and saw the same thing that denied my request the first time. After some more arm twisting, he asked to put me on hold for a more detailed review. When he came back, he told me I was approved for $10K which was what I wanted.

On top of this, I also got approval over the weekend for Sam's Club Discover for $10K limit. That one was unexpected. I'm starting to learn that just b/c they tell you one thing, it doesn't mean that it can be reconsidered.

It seems like chase has been more generous lately. hope this lasts for a while more

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 2 of 7
bribro
Valued Contributor

Congrats! The Chase CSRs seem pretty reasonable when you detail your argument for a CLI.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 3 of 7
orl22
New Contributor

@bribro wrote:

Congrats! The Chase CSRs seem pretty reasonable when you detail your argument for a CLI.

Thanks. You can sense that they really don't want to be the bad guy and say no. I really make a good argument though. But had it not been for this site, I'd probably wouldn't even have attempted this. You guys really help to motivate us.

Message 4 of 7
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

When i call for a CLI for my freeom i will be saying i want them as a primary card since i have a checking account and want the combo. and trying to consolidate my spending on to 2-3 cards. 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Message 5 of 7
bribro
Valued Contributor

@appbar1114 wrote:

When i call for a CLI for my freeom i will be saying i want them as a primary card since i have a checking account and want the combo. and trying to consolidate my spending on to 2-3 cards. 

Good argument. When I bumped the CL on my Freedom card I basically said I was going to use it as my main card.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 6 of 7
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@appbar1114 wrote:

Good argument. When I bumped the CL on my Freedom card I basically said I was going to use it as my main card.

hopefully it works

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.