Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP CLI / Checks

tag
lexrjSD
Regular Contributor

CSP CLI / Checks

I've had my CSP a little over 1yr but havent been using for the past 6mo because I'm putting everything on my Barclay Arrival. However, Chase keep sending me these 12mo 0% apr checks for my CL (15k) that I'm thinking on using for a large biz purchase, questions:

1- Are there other issuers that are known to do that?

2- Is it possible to get a soft CLI on the CSP? I want see If I can get an even higher CL to use with these checks.

Thanks!

WALLET: Amex BCP 25K | Barclay Arrival Plus 27K | Chase Reserve 20K |
Amex SimplyCash 50K

FICO: EX 812 | EQ 815 | TU 815
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Jlu
Established Contributor

Re: CSP CLI / Checks

1. Known to do what? Generally using your personal CC for biz is frowned upon if that's what you mean.

2. No - Chase is HP always unless it's auto.

Also consider the BT fee when figuring out if you want to use them. I always wait for the checks with 1% BT rates.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 2 of 6
lexrjSD
Regular Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

1. Known to do what? Generally using your personal CC for biz is frowned upon if that's what you mean.

Also consider the BT fee when figuring out if you want to use them. I always wait for the checks with 1% BT rates.

Known to offer 0% checks like Chase.

The ones I'm receiving from Chase have no BT or any other fees, I can write a check to myselft and deposit on my account without any fees, therefore no Biz transactions on it.

WALLET: Amex BCP 25K | Barclay Arrival Plus 27K | Chase Reserve 20K |
Amex SimplyCash 50K

FICO: EX 812 | EQ 815 | TU 815
Message 3 of 6
Express
Frequent Contributor

Citi Bank
CL $408,200
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Likely you remember this... BT's may be at a 0% or low rate but you will have the regular purchases apr running (unless there is a promo for the purchases apr too). This plus the fee can make the BT expensive. The only time I take BTs is when the card is paid off and I don't use the purchases while benefiting from the BT.
Message 5 of 6
Jlu
Established Contributor

@lexrjSD wrote:

@Jlu wrote:

Known to offer 0% checks like Chase.

The ones I'm receiving from Chase have no BT or any other fees, I can write a check to myselft and deposit on my account without any fees, therefore no Biz transactions on it.

Almost every creditor I deal with has offered me BT checks. None of them have given me 0% APR AND 0% BT fee - it's always one or the other. The best deal I get is through Barclays which is 18mos 0% w/ the greater of 1% fee or $5.  That's pretty cool you got that offer but make sure it's the real deal before using them. 

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.