Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP CLI - advice

tag
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

CSP CLI - advice

I currently have the United and CSP, both with 5k limit. Have the United since Oct 2011 and the CSP since April 2012.

I want to increase my limits on both. What would be a reasonable offer to make? No baddies ever and income is 70k.

The only reason I haven't requested anything yet is because of the HP and I wanted to see what your thoughts are on it before I spend an inquiry for no reason if it's not worth it.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
bribro
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP CLI - advice

I would wait until the 6 month mark for the CSP. Are you using the cards pretty heavily?

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 2 of 11
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

About $1,000 a month on each. I was thinking of asking for a CLI on both at the same time, will that be just one HP? Or will they do 2 HP anyway?

Message 3 of 11
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@bribro wrote:

I would wait until the 6 month mark for the CSP. Are you using the cards pretty heavily?

+1...I would wait 6 mos, and then call the executive office. You may be able to get an increase without a hard pull. I was able to get a $10K increase on my freedom this way...

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 4 of 11
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

Good to know! I will wait 6 months then, hope it will be just a SP Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@searchingfor67 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

+1...I would wait 6 mos, and then call the executive office. You may be able to get an increase without a hard pull. I was able to get a $10K increase on my freedom this way...

I agree, there have been members here with positive experiences with the executive office getting a SP CLI.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 11
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Since Chase does a HP for all customer initiated CLI's, you should request both at the same time. I recommend waiting until your CSP has aged at least 6 months.

Message 7 of 11
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Always ask for the highest you want because if it can't be granted, chase does counter-offer.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 11
SanjeevR
Regular Contributor

I suggest taking the HP. As someone mentioned, you can possibly get CLI on both cards with one pull.

Be sure to call the backdoor number if you have any issues whatsoever. Just make sure you speak to someone who sounds pleasant and knowledgeable. (I speak with much experience. Even Chase has cranky and/or less-than-helpful credit analysts.)  

By the way, I've been able to increase both my CSP ($5k > $20k) and United cards ($10k > $20k) substantially with less than 4 months of opening each card.

I do suggest PIF whenever possible and utilization less than 10%. Chase loves both.
Starting scores: Around 630 (Sep 2011)
Current FICO scores: TU ‘08 792 (Walmart) • EQ 765 • EX 771 (Amex)
Prime cards: JP Morgan Select (30K) • HHonors Reserve (30K) • Chase United MileagePlus Explorer (20K) • Chase Sapphire Preferred (20K) • Amex Hilton Honors Surpass (20K) • Amex BCP (20K) • Barclay Ring (20K) • Citi Thank You Premier MC/Visa (16K Combined) • Discover Escape (10K) • Amex SPG (5K) • Amex Premier Rewards Gold • US Bank Cash+ (5K+???)
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Waiting for some more time is good option. I am also considering apping for chase card after 2 months..

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.