Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Chances? Just some questions.

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

CSP Chances? Just some questions.

I was wondering, in April is when I might* go for a new card. I was just wondering, would I have a chance at the CSP? I dont think I am going to apply, I just wanted to see. I currently have a 6k freedom that is only 5 months old, already got a SP CLI of 3k. Income is at about 20k, EX score of 691. (Not apping for anything most likely until at least July).

Thanks

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP Chances? Just some questions.

@xgac12x wrote:

I was wondering, in April is when I might* go for a new card. I was just wondering, would I have a chance at the CSP? I dont think I am going to apply, I just wanted to see. I currently have a 6k freedom that is only 5 months old, already got a SP CLI of 3k. Income is at about 20k, EX score of 691. (Not apping for anything most likely until at least July).

Thanks

Income might be what's holding you back the most. A $35k number has been floated around somewhere but I cant confirm.  

Message 2 of 10
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@xgac12x wrote:

Thanks

With these 2 factors alone, I think your chances are very much slim (less than 10%). Chase likes to seem more responsibility with the card and under a year is not enough. And the other concerned is your exposure to available limit. Unless you can transfer 5k over to the CSP from the Freedom (not sure if Chase still do transfers), you may have a chance. Also, many people that get approved with this card tend to make over 35k/ yr and up. 

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 3 of 10
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

My score is lower than urs. 675 time of csp app on 2/9. I opened my freedom 2 months ago with 3500 limit..on 12/15 to be exact.. I was approved for the csp ..min 5k limit.. I think you would have no problem getting approved now.. I didnt have to recon.. simple call to verify id and instant approved.. 

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 4 of 10
xgac12x
Established Contributor

@efranklin23 wrote:

@xgac12x wrote:

Thanks

With these 2 factors alone, I think your chances are very much slim (less than 10%). Chase likes to seem more responsibility with the card and under a year is not enough. And the other concerned is your exposure to available limit. Unless you can transfer 5k over to the CSP from the Freedom (not sure if Chase still do transfers), you may have a chance. Also, many people that get approved with this card tend to make over 35k/ yr and up. 

If I do the transfer would I still be eligible for the 40k bonus? I am looking to take a trip this summer so that would help lol.

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 5 of 10
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 6 of 10
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

Should be since ur opening a new TL

Message 7 of 10
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

I'll be the one to say it here, but I think your chances are virtually zero. Your income won't meet the minimum threshold, and will likely result in an automatic denial that won't be reconnable. Scores aside, you'll need to double your income (at an absolute minimum) if you want a decent chance.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 8 of 10
noobody
Established Contributor

If I were chase, I would deny your app for low income and very obvious just for the bonus since you will not spend enough to justify the annual fee.

The card original design for people with annual income over 130K, but since everybody and their brother got CSP these days, you have a decent score and 6K freedom,  I think you have more than 50% chance to get one, also transfer credit line may not be available to you since you freedom account is less than 12 month old.

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 9 of 10
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

True I believe what others are saying bout income.. while my scores are lower.. my income is 70k .. sure that played into my approval. And the large amount I ran thru my freedom the 2 months ive had it

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.