Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Denied :(

tag
patternofstars7
Contributor

CSP Denied :(

Hello everyone. I applied for the CSP last weekend and just got the denial notice in mail. They pulled EXP and gave me a Chase Acquisiton Risk score of 615 with a range of 250-900. I currently have a freedom card with a $3500 limit. The reasons for denial were one or more accounts not paid as agreed, inquires amount and request for new credit, and length of time since oldest credit card is too short. I thought for sure I would be deined cause of balances at 40% but that wasn't even mentioned a reason for denial. I've had the freedom card for almost 2 years and the reason why I have so many inqs was for pulls at dealership for new car loan. I have several cards (4+) with limits over $5000. I did burn chase over 8 years ago. I also had to recon for the freedom as well.

Just curious what you all thought if a recon was even worth a shot.  My FICO score on this site for EXP is 683. I have late payments on an old car loan but that was over 5 years ago. Currently have 2 car loans in perfect standing. No collections acounts at all. Pay double the minimum on all cards if not more.

Looking forward to what you all think my shots are!

Thanks 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP Denied :(

I would say recon but im not sure if its another hp or not. Considering you had to recon for freedom you will probably need to recon for this one too Smiley Sad i think the biggest factor is the missed payments.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 18
patternofstars7
Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:
I would say recon but im not sure if its another hp or not. Considering you had to recon for freedom you will probably need to recon for this one too Smiley Sad i think the biggest factor is the missed payments.

Thanks. Last time with the Freedom they pulled my Transunion on my recon. That might be good in this case as I blocked both my EQ and TU reports when car shopping so they could only pull EXP. That score on this site is 704 which is conciderably better and only has 2 INQ with my car loan and inq for joining my credit union.

Message 3 of 18
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

If those are frozen you might not be able to recon, i know there are others who tried to freeze reports when applying to force a lender to pick the bureau that wasnt frozen, however that doesnt work. The lender will deny it for the reason of report was not able to be accessed. So you may need to unfreeze to recon.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 4 of 18
patternofstars7
Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:
If those are frozen you might not be able to recon, i know there are others who tried to freeze reports when applying to force a lender to pick the bureau that wasnt frozen, however that doesnt work. The lender will deny it for the reason of report was not able to be accessed. So you may need to unfreeze to recon.

Gotcha. Yeah I re-opened them up after I got my loan for my car. Just didn't want all my reports having a million INQs from dealerships. 

Message 5 of 18
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

I know the feeling Smiley Sad i got about 10 inqs across all 3 when shopping. From now on im going to my CU for just 1.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 6 of 18
twist7d7
Regular Contributor

Id say that you would have a shot. ask to speek to a senior credit analisyst 

AMEX PRG (NPSL) Lowes (10k) CSP (7.2k) AMEX BCE (6k) Cap1 QS (3.5k) Citi DC (2.6K) BofA (2.5K)M&T Bank visa (2k) Discover iT (1800) Slate (1k)
Future Cards Sallie Mae, US Bank Cash+, Freedom
Goal increase CLs by 20k in 2015
Message 7 of 18
Roscoe_13
Established Member

I say go for it as well.  I was initially denied freedom and received 1k on recon.  I applied for the csp one month later and was instantly approved for 5k.  I love my csp.

Discover IT - $1,700 | Chase Freedom - $1,000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $1,500 | Capital One Platinum - $1,000 | Amazon Store Card - $1,000 | Huntington Voice - $1,000 | NFCU Cash Rewards - $12,500 | NFCU Navcheck - $13,000
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call recon until you get approved. Chase has love for a lot of people nowadays ...

Message 9 of 18
patternofstars7
Contributor

Thanks everyone. I think I'll try my shot on Monday and I'll update you all in results.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.