CSP Disposal

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: CSP Disposal

@MstrPTato wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@noobody wrote:
chase will send a postage prepaid envelope with new card, you just send back to them for disposal.
The plastic cover the metal core can be peel off easily, if u want do it yourself.

They did not send me a prepaid envelope when I received a replacement CSP (due to card being compromised). And they did not do this when I later cancelled my CSP. I now have 2 of these things.

I suppose I will have to do what the rich people do when faced with such a problem. I shall use a dremel tool to carve sharp points into the cards, don a Batman costume and fight crime using these as my Bat-a-rangs... Criminals are a superstitious cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts. I must be a creature of the night, black, terrible...

Currently I don't actually HAVE a dremel, but once I do, its Criminals Beware!

+1 Bought a Dremel about 10 years ago and never used it. Maybe now I can! I will invite you over for a Dremel party and then we can fight crime! I will be Robin!

BATARANGSSSS

Message 11 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@MstrPTato wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Yesterday Chase sent me two CSPs with chip (it might have been renewal time anyway) with the prepaid envelope.   Smacks of hype to me though

You live near me...we can meet up...I am sure there is room for another chunk of metal in that envelope.

Hey, I've been trained not to meet up with strangers on the internet, even for such enticing proposals as sharing a CSP return envelope!

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Yesterday Chase sent me two CSPs with chip (it might have been renewal time anyway) with the prepaid envelope.   Smacks of hype to me though

You live near me...we can meet up...I am sure there is room for another chunk of metal in that envelope.

Hey, I've been trained not to meet up with strangers on the internet, even for such enticing proposals as sharing a CSP return envelope!

Oh come on, live a little.  

Message 13 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Oh come on, live a little.  

Make sure you put protection on each CSP.

Message 14 of 20
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

You need to save it as a backup ice scrapperSmiley Tongue

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you do drop it in the ocean, make sure to tie it to a rock so it sinks; otherwise it will float along and a band of pirates will find it.  You don't need that!!!

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you do drop it in the ocean, make sure to tie it to a rock so it sinks; otherwise it will float along and a band of pirates will find it.  You don't need that!!!

It is metal...hope it would sink, although it isn't heavy...perhaps a 5lb rock would do the trick. Darn pirates! Arr..

Message 17 of 20
Chaselover
Frequent Contributor

Dont throw the metal card. I would say, keep it lying somewhere in the house.

In a committed relationship with Chase from 12/2012.
Age: 26, Income: $59,240/-, Current score: TU from CK: 750/A (12/24/14), TU Vantage score from CK: 775/C (12/24/14), Experian from Creditsesame: 717, Equifax from myfico: 724, Overall Util: 1% (12/24/14), Total credit limits: $62,150, In the garden from 12/19/2014, AAoA : 7 months, Oldest account: 8 months, Newest account: 1 week, HP: 18.
Message 18 of 20
jsucool76
Super Contributor

if you're dead set on getting rid of it, a quick call to chase customer service will get you an envelope
Message 19 of 20
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

A blow torch works great.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.