Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Disposal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP Disposal

When a replacement CSP comes for exp date change ,or whatever reason, what do you do with the old card? Says "Do NOT Shred" on the back. I don't want to just throw it away. Do a whale watch tour and drop overboard about 15 miles offshore?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
bz386
Frequent Contributor

Re: CSP Disposal

In the past when I received a replacement CSP, it came with an envelope to send the old one back to Chase for disposal.

Message 2 of 20
noobody
Established Contributor

chase will send a postage prepaid envelope with new card, you just send back to them for disposal.
The plastic cover the metal core can be peel off easily, if u want do it yourself.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys!

Message 4 of 20
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@noobody wrote:
chase will send a postage prepaid envelope with new card, you just send back to them for disposal.
The plastic cover the metal core can be peel off easily, if u want do it yourself.

They did not send me a prepaid envelope when I received a replacement CSP (due to card being compromised). And they did not do this when I later cancelled my CSP. I now have 2 of these things.

I suppose I will have to do what the rich people do when faced with such a problem. I shall use a dremel tool to carve sharp points into the cards, don a Batman costume and fight crime using these as my Bat-a-rangs... Criminals are a superstitious cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts. I must be a creature of the night, black, terrible...

Currently I don't actually HAVE a dremel, but once I do, its Criminals Beware!

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Themanwhocan - concern exits about what world you are in? Time for a chart to reground you to the good ole mother earth Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Yesterday Chase sent me two CSPs with chip (it might have been renewal time anyway) with the prepaid envelope.   Smacks of hype to me though

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@noobody wrote:

They did not send me a prepaid envelope when I received a replacement CSP (due to card being compromised). And they did not do this when I later cancelled my CSP. I now have 2 of these things.

I suppose I will have to do what the rich people do when faced with such a problem. I shall use a dremel tool to carve sharp points into the cards, don a Batman costume and fight crime using these as my Bat-a-rangs... Criminals are a superstitious cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts. I must be a creature of the night, black, terrible...

Currently I don't actually HAVE a dremel, but once I do, its Criminals Beware!

+1 Bought a Dremel about 10 years ago and never used it. Maybe now I can! I will invite you over for a Dremel party and then we can fight crime! I will be Robin!

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

Yesterday Chase sent me two CSPs with chip (it might have been renewal time anyway) with the prepaid envelope.   Smacks of hype to me though

You live near me...we can meet up...I am sure there is room for another chunk of metal in that envelope.

Message 9 of 20
amex77

When I downgraded to the Sapphire from the CSP I put the CSP in the shredder. It was a little noisey, but there were no problems. I have a regular run of the mill shredder that I bought at Office Max, nothing fancy. I'm not saying it will work in every shredder, but it worked in mine.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.