Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Disputing Charge, Need Advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP Disputing Charge, Need Advice

Hello all, I need some advice on disputing a charge as I've never had too before. I dined at a restaurant on 2/8/15 and got severe food poisoning. After paying the bill I had to run to the restroom before I could even walk out. I spoke with bar manager and he gave me owner's contact. Owner offered $50 gift card to the restaurant and no refund. Why would I want to eat at a place again that I got severe food poisoning from?? Is this something I could dispute with Chase and have removed? Any advice is appreciate!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP Disputing Charge, Need Advice

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all, I need some advice on disputing a charge as I've never had too before. I dined at a restaurant on 2/8/15 and got sever food poisoning. After paying the bill I had to run to the restroom before I could even walk out. I spoke with bar manager and he gave me owner's contact. Owner offered $50 gift card to the restaurant and no refund. Why would I want to eat at a place again that I got severe food poisoning from?? Is this something I could dispute with Chase and have removed? Any advice is appreciate!

@Anonymous,

Sorry about the poisoning.. Let's take the poisoning out of the equation for a minute.  Technically, you ate the food hence the charge which is legitmate.  The right thing to so is to take it up with the restaurant and not Chase.

Or see it like this... I ate chinese food and didn't think it was delicious. Did I eat the food? YES.  Was the company right to charge me? YES because of food provided.  Whether is was delicious or not is not for me to go to the CCC I use and tell to go after the restaurant because the food was bad.

Depending on the amount, consider it a lose and move on..

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, I doubt there is anything you can do. In the CSP Benefits guide it clearly states that perishables and consumables are not covered under Purchase Protection.

Here is a Link:

https://cdn.f9client.com/api/file/1130204/inline/SapphirePreferred_Visa_Signature_V0000037_BGC10374_...

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all, I need some advice on disputing a charge as I've never had too before. I dined at a restaurant on 2/8/15 and got sever food poisoning. After paying the bill I had to run to the restroom before I could even walk out. I spoke with bar manager and he gave me owner's contact. Owner offered $50 gift card to the restaurant and no refund. Why would I want to eat at a place again that I got severe food poisoning from?? Is this something I could dispute with Chase and have removed? Any advice is appreciate!

@Anonymous,

Sorry about the poisoning.. Let's take the poisoning out of the equation for a minute.  Technically, you ate the food hence the charge which is legitmate.  The right thing to so is to take it up with the restaurant and not Chase.

Or see it like this... I ate chinese food and didn't think it was delicious. Did I eat the food? YES.  Was the company right to charge me? YES because of food provided.  Whether is was delicious or not is not for me to go to the CCC I use and tell to go after the restaurant because the food was bad.

Depending on the amount, consider it a lose and move on..

+1 Chances are it was a one-off and thus they provided you comp to come back and try them again. I wouldn't dispute.

Message 4 of 11
wche
Regular Contributor

The merchant has a legitimate case against you.. You shouldn't dispute.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of general curiosity, did you accept the $50 gift card?

if so, you probably can't sue or dispute.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice. I suppose that makes sense. I'm frustrated that I spent the next 24 hours in the bathroom because of that incident. Obviously I'm not going to want to go back and eat there again. No, I did not take the gift card. 

Message 7 of 11
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the advice. I suppose that makes sense. I'm frustrated that I spent the next 24 hours in the bathroom because of that incident. Obviously I'm not going to want to go back and eat there again. No, I did not take the gift card. 

you can file a complaint with your state's department of health. You should make them pay for refusing to acknowledge their fault.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

i thought someone charged you more ... i really doubt they will go ahead and refurse the charge 

Message 9 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I would also be careful of accusing them of food poisoning.   Do you know if other diners were hit (in which case the town/state dept of health has probably been informed.

AFAIK, food posioning rarely works that quickly (making you sick as you finish the meail).  Real poison, yes, but probably not that!  Or an allergic reaction to something.

ETA: The  FDA site gives one exception to the several hours to days:  Staphylococcal food poisoning can hit 1-6 hours after ingestion, so I guess that works at the lower end.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.