cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP + Freedom + Checking. Use wisely.

tag
bribro
Valued Contributor

Re: CSP + Freedom + Checking. Use wisely.

@Open123 wrote:

@FrugalRican wrote:

So technically, if for 30 days, I spent a dollar a day on coffee, I'd be getting 333 points from just that:

30 Points on Purchases

3 10% per 1 Spent

300 Bonus 10 Points per Purchase

And I'd get a little bit more, if I'm buying coffee from a Wawa (Gas station) during the 5% cashback quarters.

Any other card, I'd be getting just 30 points for 30 dollars worth of coffee.

With the 10/10, I'm getting 333+.

Does this look correct?

My understanding is that you will get 303 points.

30 purchases X 10 = 300

@30 @ 1$ = $30 X 10% = 3

For 303. 

It's 333. 300 + 30 + 3 = 333.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 51 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last summer all of the vending machines at my university were upgraded to include credit card scanners. I racked up tons of points this past year on the vending machines. A couple $1 transactions every day.
Message 52 of 113
bribro
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Last summer all of the vending machines at my university were upgraded to include credit card scanners. I racked up tons of points this past year on the vending machines. A couple $1 transactions every day.

I've thought about doing this very thing once my Freedom card arrives (hopefully next week). When you crunch the numbers, you're getting ~$0.222 in Southwest value for each $1 soda you get. Viewed another way, you're yielding 22.2% in rewards. Pretty amazing.

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 53 of 113
FrugalRican
Blogger

This thread totally just made my day.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 54 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really wish I could get a Chase checking account.

Message 55 of 113
Open123
Super Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

This thread totally just made my day.

Likewise, now that I've finally gotten the small details on how it all works.

Message 56 of 113
FrugalRican
Blogger

Glad me posting that helped clear up a question or two.

BTW, I've actually transferred points from one card (UR Debit Card) to my Chase Freedom account.

The transfer is instant, which is another great thing once one has added a CSP. You could move those points across in less than a minute and get ready for the purchase. I've always known the combo was GOOD, but I never understood it until I re-read this thread and really tinkered with the UR website today.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 57 of 113
bribro
Valued Contributor

A little off topic, but Chase has some other very interesting things in the hopper. I learned today of a mobile (iPhone, Android, BlackBerry & Windows Mobile) app called GoPago that essentially allows for the mobile ordering and payment of food. It's currently active in the Bay Area and Las Vegas (if you register today you get a $10 credit for free food, but it must be used prior to May 3rd).

Anyway, JPMC is an investor in the company and they plan to add perks for people who use their Chase credit card to order food. This is just me speculating, but I suspect there would be some kind of UR points bonus. Since I work in SF and always charge my lunch, this is pretty cool.

Message 58 of 113
Open123
Super Contributor

@bribro wrote:

A little off topic, but Chase has some other very interesting things in the hopper. I learned today of a mobile (iPhone, Android, BlackBerry & Windows Mobile) app called GoPago that essentially allows for the mobile ordering and payment of food. It's currently active in the Bay Area and Las Vegas (if you register today you get a $10 credit for free food, but it must be used prior to May 3rd).

Anyway, JPMC is an investor in the company and they plan to add perks for people who use their Chase credit card to order food. This is just me speculating, but I suspect there would be some kind of UR points bonus. Since I work in SF and always charge my lunch, this is pretty cool.

I'm in the bay area too and will definitely check it out.  

Off topic too, but remember those Chase commercials where people were depositing their checks with a scanner on their phones?  Anyone know how this works, or if they still even have this? 

Message 59 of 113
bribro
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@bribro wrote:

I'm in the bay area too and will definitely check it out.  

Off topic too, but remember those Chase commercials where people were depositing their checks with a scanner on their phones?  Anyone know how this works, or if they still even have this? 

Chase QuickDeposit; it's buillt into the Chase mobile app. I use it all the time  and never deposit checks at the bank/ATM anymore.

Message 60 of 113
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.