Established Contributor
searchingfor67

Re: CSP + Freedom + Checking. Use wisely.

greeneman21 wrote:

Great thread, just got my first statement with the Freedom/checking combo, I noticed the 10/10 isn't listed. Does it take 1-2 billing cycles for it to kick in?

Correct...

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCP $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $10.1K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Discover IT $9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU Flagship Visa Signature $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $10K | USAA World MC $9K
Contributor
greeneman21

Boo, do they retro the bonus back to the first statement?

Wallet: NFCU CashRewards 25k--NFCU Plat 22k-- USAA AMEX 24k-- USAA World MC 12k-- Discover IT 17.5k--Chase Freedom 23.5k--Sallie Mae 5k-- NFCU NavCheck 15k
_GNC

I had emailed them about giving me bonus points for the months I missed-- they said they wouldn't; afterwards, however, I did notice that I had gotten some extra points that seems to be the equivalent of the months missed. This didn't show up on the statement.

Current Cards: Discover More 6,750; Chase Freedom 1,400; Amex BCE 6,000
Frequent Contributor
kimmiller112

A question about the checking account part of this:

The closest Chase branch is more than 2 hours away.  I don't have a problem with opening an account with at least $1500 and keeping that amount in it to avoid the monthly fee.   So, I was thinking that perhaps I could open an account online and fund it by transferring money from my account at my local bank.  However, when clicking on the checking account link, it asks for a zip code and it won't take mine since there are no branches near me.  Does anyone know if I can open an account over the phone without having to go into a branch?  I just don't see me traveling to Atlanta or Jacksonville from southeast South Carolina just to open an account anytime in the near future.

I do love this concept though.  I have a Freedom and want to app for the CSP in January, so if anyone knows if I can do the banking part by phone, I'd appreciate the info.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $5000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Established Member
youngmoneyok

[ Edited ]

kimmiller112 wrote:

The closest Chase branch is more than 2 hours away.  I don't have a problem with opening an account with at least $1500 and keeping that amount in it to avoid the monthly fee.   So, I was thinking that perhaps I could open an account online and fund it by transferring money from my account at my local bank.  However, when clicking on the checking account link, it asks for a zip code and it won't take mine since there are no branches near me.  Does anyone know if I can open an account over the phone without having to go into a branch?  I just don't see me traveling to Atlanta or Jacksonville from southeast South Carolina just to open an account anytime in the near future.

I do love this concept though.  I have a Freedom and want to app for the CSP in January, so if anyone knows if I can do the banking part by phone, I'd appreciate the info.

There is no way over the phone. Get a $200 coupon for getting a new Chase Checking account and that'll subsidize the cost of the trip/time. There is a free 200 dollar coupon that requires a direct deposit (search around and you'll find this) and there are some coupons on ebay that sell for around 10 bucks and do not require a direct deposit. 

Frequent Contributor
kimmiller112

youngmoneyok wrote:

kimmiller112 wrote:

There is no way over the phone. Get a $200 coupon for getting a new Chase Checking account and that'll subsidize the cost of the trip/time. There is a free 200 dollar coupon that requires a direct deposit (search around and you'll find this) and there are some coupons on ebay that sell for around 10 bucks and do not require a direct deposit. 

Thanks for the reply and the info about the coupons.  It looks like I'll be planning a road trip soon!

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $5000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Frequent Contributor
dddfresh

does this still work? or has some of it expired etc? Thank you! Im saving this to my favorites for a goal for this year!!

9/2013: Fico EQ 676, EXP 686, Fico TU 686.
NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Regular Contributor
fittiger

I was wondering the same thing
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17,800; Discover IT $15,000; PenFed Plat Rewards Signature $14,000; AMEX BCE $11,800; AMEX SPG $8,100; Citi Simplicity $10,000; Chase United MileagePlus Explorer $5,000; Chase Ink Classic $3,000; GE Lumber Liquidators $7000; GE Care Credit $2000
Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe

dddfresh wrote:

does this still work? or has some of it expired etc? Thank you! Im saving this to my favorites for a goal for this year!!

In a modified, version, yes; the 10 extra bonus points per transaction is now gone, but the 10% annual bonus is still around :smileyhappy: i opened up a Chase checking account this past weekend using my refunded deposit for my Orchard secured, plus used my $200 coupon they kept sending me!

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k | SavingStar American Express $14.8k

EQ FICO 708 TU FICO 747 Credit Karma (TU) 776 Transrisk 799/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 754 Credit.com (EX) 753 VantageScore 3.0 712
09Lexie

daybreakgonesXe wrote:

dddfresh wrote:

In a modified, version, yes; the 10 extra bonus points per transaction is now gone, but the 10% annual bonus is still around :smileyhappy: i opened up a Chase checking account this past weekend using my refunded deposit for my Orchard secured, plus used my $200 coupon they kept sending me!

I'll be doing the same thing this weekend .  What's another checking account? :smileytongue:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}