Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP Help Please!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CSP Help Please!!!

I got denied for the CSP on 8.21.14. My AMEX is only 5 months old and I had a collections account at the time. I removed the collections account and my scores went up 20+ points. I also increased my AMEX limit from 4000 to 5000 after I was denied. I plan to garden my AMEX account and apply for the CSP later on.

My questions is, do you think I could get approved for the Marriott CC while I am waiting? Or just a bad idea and not worth a hard pull? I wouldnt mind both to be honest. Is it really worth it though to have both or just a heavy wallet with two metal cards!

Also do you think 6 months of my AMEX on time payments is long enough for chase to approve me for the CSP and or Marriott? Waiting a full year is so long from now!!

Thanks guys!

Message 11 of 17
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got denied for the CSP on 8.21.14. My AMEX is only 5 months old and I had a collections account at the time. I removed the collections account and my scores went up 20+ points. I also increased my AMEX limit from 4000 to 5000 after I was denied. I plan to garden my AMEX account and apply for the CSP later on.

My questions is, do you think I could get approved for the Marriott CC while I am waiting? Or just a bad idea and not worth a hard pull? I wouldnt mind both to be honest. Is it really worth it though to have both or just a heavy wallet with two metal cards!

Also do you think 6 months of my AMEX on time payments is long enough for chase to approve me for the CSP and or Marriott? Waiting a full year is so long from now!!

Thanks guys!

I have both as well as Freedom.  I use the three together to get maximum points on Marriott that I use for vacation every year.  I use Freedom to earn UR points at 5X in rotating categories and then transfer to CSP.  From CSP I transfer the points to Marriott to book my hotel rooms.  I will always try to redeem for rooms with a good value and hopefully get better than 1 cent per point that way.

Marriott gives a free room when you are approved for the card which I have already spent.  With the sugnup bonus on Marriott (70k) plus the signup bonus on CSP (40k) plus all the points I earn meeting those bonuses, I should be able to get a nice room this year for sure!

Message 12 of 17
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks guys!

Its a possiblity to obtain 1 of the 2 at 6 mos. it would probably be best to wait, but if you feel like giving it another shot, go for it. Obviously we on the forums have opinions we cant give you a for sure answer on what the computer will say Smiley Tongue  I think if you applied for both you might be pushing it. So if you apply again and get approved i would suggest waiting like 3 - 6 mos. for the other one. I think Marriot card would be just as hard as the CSP to obtain because both will give a 5k min. limit. As for a heavy wallet, i got sent 2 CSP cards and yeah it does add some weight and makes my wallet like thick. 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey thats good tip! Sounds confusing at first but Im sure you are a pro at those point transfers by now!

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess what!! I decided to apply for the CSP today as it was my 6 month anniversary for my AMEX card and I got apporoved for $5000.00 limit! I applied over the phone cuz I wanted to more info. She put me on hold for 30 seconds and said you have been approved!! I was shocked!! So happy!! I then called card services and asked for it to be rushed. I should have that baby in 1-2 days! Whoot Whoot!!
Message 15 of 17
b_diddy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Guess what!! I decided to apply for the CSP today as it was my 6 month anniversary for my AMEX card and I got apporoved for $5000.00 limit! I applied over the phone cuz I wanted to more info. She put me on hold for 30 seconds and said you have been approved!! I was shocked!! So happy!! I then called card services and asked for it to be rushed. I should have that baby in 1-2 days! Whoot Whoot!!

Good for you!  Congrats!!

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 16 of 17
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.