Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSP IS BEEEEEAUTIFUL!

tag
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

Re: CSP IS BEEEEEAUTIFUL!

just got mine, took about 4 days to get to me. and boy is it a sexy card. I apped online so its 3k, I dont have a chase bank around me. Ill be using that bad boy this weekend, then paying off some company bills and Ill be getting the 40k rewards soon enough...woot woot. I also love the look of the card. 

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 21 of 71
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Thinking back on it, the banker was pretty condescending- telling me I'd get a decision in 7-10 days, then I was like"is that what the computer said?" He said"nope, haven't hit submit yet" I'm sure my tattered jeans,albeit True Religion, through him for the proverbial loop.
Obviously, the rest is history. How rude. Thinking just bc I'm 24 and younger looking(I still get ID'ed when I go out) that I wouldn't get approved!

That's so 90's.  American auto dealerships used to treat me that way.  Then one day I walk into the BMW dealership in flipflops, boardshorts and a white tshirt...they treated me like royalty.  I haven't looked back since.  Probably couldn't get an Escalade from them though, just like CSP from Chase haha.

Dangit, just called, mine shipped yesterday.  He offered to expedite a new one, but I don't have a legitimate reason for it.

Message 22 of 71
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I got mine yesterday and I love it!!! It's so beautiful and I don't want to use it. I wanted to pump my gas with it today but did not want to scratch it up. I will break it in with paying my power bill over the phone first Smiley Happy

Also, does your next statement date on the csp keep changing?
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 23 of 71
missjae
Established Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Thinking back on it, the banker was pretty condescending- telling me I'd get a decision in 7-10 days, then I was like"is that what the computer said?" He said"nope, haven't hit submit yet" I'm sure my tattered jeans,albeit True Religion, through him for the proverbial loop.
Obviously, the rest is history. How rude. Thinking just bc I'm 24 and younger looking(I still get ID'ed when I go out) that I wouldn't get approved!

That's so 90's.  American auto dealerships used to treat me that way.  Then one day I walk into the BMW dealership in flipflops, boardshorts and a white tshirt...they treated me like royalty.  I haven't looked back since.  Probably couldn't get an Escalade from them though, just like CSP from Chase haha.

Dangit, just called, mine shipped yesterday.  He offered to expedite a new one, but I don't have a legitimate reason for it.

Since it scratches easily, you could always have a backup....unless you don't care.  I got an e-mail that they shipped my card, but had one expedited anyway.  I had some bills due and I wanted to pay them to start on the min spend.  Hope that was reason enough.

Message 24 of 71
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

i am trying to follow this thread, i don't quite understand what makes the card superior to all the other cards out there. Can somebody explain to me , i am not trying to be an ass , just want to see if i should think about applying for it down the road sometime

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 25 of 71
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

It's 2 pts on travel related items: hotels, rental cars, etc.
It's made of metal. UR points can be redeemed for an extra 25%. UR points have good redemption rates, and you can even redeem for cash.
ALSO, the $500 travel rewards (40k bonus points after $2k spend) is SUHWEEET!
Mawngstrawdawmus- lol - lovin' that name.
The banker called and had it expedited for me, but I didn't quite trust his word for it, so I called and had it expedited myself. I think I'll end up with two anyhow. They may make the card in Texas, which I assume is why I received it so quickly.

Btw@ snowkitty, my due date says 12/10/2013, which I find odd considering that Ill have a balance on it for the 11/10/12 due date that isn't there. Maybe it's so prime that they just give you two months to begin with LOL...
The inq reported already, but the account hasn't. I think it's funny how some cards report IMMEDIATELY, then some- like Discover/Amex- take two dang months to report! Lol
I'm def okay w that though :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 26 of 71
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Oh and..
I love how Barclay's tries to charge $29.95 to have a card expedited...
Wonder what their profit margin on that is. Eh
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 27 of 71
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

So is CSP really only for travel rewards ? It doesn't seem like cash rewards are good enough if you don't use card on travel and hotels?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 28 of 71
BMW_M-Series
New Contributor

@B335is wrote:

you have 335is? if so, how u like it?

Chase Sapphire Preferred - American Express Platinum - American Express PRG -American Express SPG -American Express BCP - BofA Cash Rewards Visa Siggy - Citi TYP - Discover IT - PenFed Gold

In Garden
Message 29 of 71
BMW_M-Series
New Contributor

sorry that was my 1st time quoting and i did a terrible job at it haha

Chase Sapphire Preferred - American Express Platinum - American Express PRG -American Express SPG -American Express BCP - BofA Cash Rewards Visa Siggy - Citi TYP - Discover IT - PenFed Gold

In Garden
Message 30 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.